G-Loomis and Sage Rods Pike rods

K

Krasimir Bacargiev

I read somewhere on the forums, that G-Loomis and Sage rods are probably the best pike rods ever made. Can someone give me a general idea which models exactly are best? I didn't find any specific spinning pike models in their catalogues. If someone has used such rods, i'll appreciate sharing some information with me. As well as some prices in UK (for example. Are they like USA prices).
Thanks. Tight lines and Merry christmas.

T

Tim Kelly

As Far as I know neither the old Sage musky rods or the new series of Loomis musky rods are available over here. If they were they'd be 2-3 times the cost of the same rods in the States!

K

Krasimir Bacargiev

Well,Loomis musky rods are all casting models. I was asking about some spinning versions, as i'm not accustomed to casting rods and reels. I'm not sure, but i think that they are mostly for American style fishing, mostly from boats. I prefer some standard Europe spinning models

R

Rob Brownfield

Krazy...u are crazy!! Loomis and Sage do indeed make some fantastic spinning rods, but at a price. Expect to pay at least $250 USD, bu twice that for the top of the range ones. I have used fly rods from both companies (prefer Loomis) but at over $800 USD, it takes a very dedicated angler to buy one.

Nearly all the Loomis and Sage rods are short and designed to fish from a boat. For more "normal" spinning from the bank, I think u are better off saving your money by getting somethinglike the new Shimano Diaflash spinning rod and a good reel like a Stradic. That way u have a top quality outfit for probably less than a Loomis GLX rood.