Fish 'O' Mania 2007

T

Terry D

The NFA have announced that entries to Fish ?O? Mania 2007 will be open from 9.00am on 10th January.

The closing date for entries will be Friday 9th February at 16.00pm.

The application process will work in the same way as the 2006 competition with entrants being required to visit the NFA website, www.nfadirect.com and follow the Fish ?0? Mania links to the entry page.

Once again there are 16 qualifiers with the winner of each going through to the Grand Final in Doncaster. Ticket prices will remain at the same level of ?20 per venue.

Luke Riches from Matchroom states, ?The Veterans Club will once again be operating this year, but due to demand for tickets, the number of guaranteed places will be reduced from eight to six.

The Veterans? Club was a great idea to reward anglers who have supported the event over the years and we?re delighted to keep it going for Fish ?O? Mania XIV.

There are 28 members in total ? 2006 Champion Neil Machin was automatically added to the list ? so the Veterans will take up a potential total of 168 of the 2,080 pegs should they take up their allocation.?

Paul Baggaley, CEO of the NFA states, ?Fish ?O? Mania is one of the biggest competitions in angling and we will once again be expecting a large demand for tickets. As such I would advise all entrants to read the Competition Rules which detail new guidelines on ticket returns and reallocations. You will be able to find these on our website from the 10th January.?

Nigel Harhy from Barston Lakes who will be hosting the Fish ?O ?Mania qualifier at Barston Lakes on 27 June, 2007 states, ?I am really looking forward to hosting a Fish ?O? Mania qualifier, having fished a final myself in 2003 I am a dedicated Fish ?O? Mania fisherman.?