4 Seater Transit Sized Van Needed For Rent

wannabecarper

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place folks but couldn't really find a suitable place to put it.

Basically myself and 3 mates are going of to France for a week this year. The problem is we wanna take a van but need one with 4 seats!

I don't suppose anyone has encountered this problem before and know of anywhere that does them. I'm in Essex and don't mind a bit of a drive to pick it up/drop it off etc.

Thought about a minibus but we all only have licenses to drive up to a 7/8 seater whatever it is!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

get a mini bus and take the seats you don't need out

wannabecarper

Reaction score
Hi Ed. Well we thought about that but didn't know whether it was legal or not!

I suppose the hire companies are willing to do this?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

not sure --but do they NEED to know ??

If you see what I mean

I know lads who used to do that to go to Ireland...

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Just ring around and ask for a crew cab transit,most hire companies do them.

L

Les Clark

I think that you can drive up to a 14 seater on a normal licence ???????

P

Phil Heaton

The seat limit is if you are driving for hire, for self drive this does not apply.

M

MarkTheSpark

It's up to 16 seats + driver with category D1 licence, not for hire or reward. But beware of the French police, who have some odd interpretations of whether you should have a tachograph fitted on a 16-seater.

You should manage easily with an eight-seater (9 with driver) with five seats unused - take a look at one and you'll probably find you can stuff all the tackle around and on the unused seats.

If it were my call, I'd be getting a towbar and trailer - probably costs not much less than the minibus hire, and you'll have it for other things afterwards.