What a day!!!

starsky365

Reaction score
One of my clients has a private lake on his premises; very nicely maintained with about 12 pegs all decked out. I'd looked at it a few times and seen the surface 'boiling' and was told it was well stocked and very rarely fished; maybe 4 people had fished it in the last 6 months;today I got the chance to fish it.......

I started with my usual tactic of a method feeder on a pod with bleepy bleep box. Within less than 2 mins I was on!!!

I have never ever fished like today; within 3 hours I'd landed well over 130 lb of beautiful carp without a mark on them. It got so quick I decided to have a play, I took everything off my main line and just put a hook on the end with a bit of hair rigged dog biscuit. It got to the stage where I was so knackered I had to stop and take a break. Within seconds of the bait hitting the surface there was an absolute frenzy and it was just a case of watching to see which fish won and made a run for it. I didn't pull anything out under 8lb all day.....

Don't think I'll ever forget today's fishing!!

kidfisher

Reaction score
lucky guy:mad:! think i need to make friends with this lake owner haha did you check the water temperature and weatherand all of that to see if it was supreme conditions?? just a question:):D

Terry D

Reaction score
I still bet you couldn't fish it every day! Sometimes you just need that challenge!!!

starsky365

Reaction score
True - it actually got to the stage where it started getting boring.

No idea what ideal conditions are