Good Zander Book.

cg74

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book for an entry level zander angler. Covering all aspects involved of there pursuit; location, feeding/behavioural patterns, tactics and rigs.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book for an entry level zander angler. Covering all aspects involved of there pursuit; location, feeding/behavioural patterns, tactics and rigs.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Zander-- By Barrie Rickards and Neville Fickling

Fenland Zander By Steve Younger

Zander Fishing By Mark Barrett

Bob

tortoise100

Reaction score
I recomend zander by mark barrett I have had it out from the library three times for refresher courses .

Have to say allot of it is scaled down pike gear and you often read that they should be fished for more like perch ,dificult in the dark.

Simon K

Reaction score
I have Fenland Zander by Steve Younger, Colin and an excellent book it is, too.
It covers everything you'd want to know and still manages to leave you with the feeling that no-one knows much about them!

I'm sure Rickards and Mark B's books are good since they've all spent much time targetting them as well and there's no substitute for experience.

cg74

Reaction score
Thanks Bob, Simon and DGF, I am now awaiting delivery of a copy of Barrie Rickards and Neville Fickling's book.
And because that was so cheap I'll stretch myself to a copy of Mark Barrett of Steve Younger's book.

Last edited:

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
Without wishing to push any product you possibly would be better served with Steve's or my book rather than Barrie and Nev's as its seriously dated now and a lot of old zander folklore has kind of fallen by the wayside or been disproved. in fact I would say that to a point so has mine in regards to lure fishing at least which has come on in leaps and bounds since i wrote it.

And my book covers the midland rivers and canals in depth too, not just the fens

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Medlar Press tell me that Barrie's book on How to Catch Zander will be published shortly! End of October was mentioned!

Mark's book is well worth buying as well, so you are really spoilt for choice.