One for Andy Nellist

OdDbAlL

Reaction score
I have read your article on roach rigs and have found it first class. I have seen this rig used effectively for bream and also saw you mention in your thread that you use a similar rig for both bream and tench. Can you tell me the components of your tench and bream rig and in which way, if any it differs from your roach rig

thanks and regards

Oddball

P

paul williams 2

Oddball.......i'm not trying to answer for Andy but if he ain't about for a day or two your post may drop down without him seeing it.

Personally (and i suspect the same for Andy) i simply up the out fit eg rod and lines to suit the conditions.

OdDbAlL

Reaction score
Cheers for that mate......I'll catch up to him when he's back....thanks for the heads up.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

For tench, bream and perch at long distance fish a single hooklink with the powergum attached to the line via a swivel at each end. Given that the hook link is fixed the lead should be attached via a safety link the design of which you can also find in the rig section.

For hooklinks I would normally use wb clarke in 4.6, 5.5 or 6.6 depending on the weed/snags coupled with a 16 or 14 super spade for maggot/caster and size 6 drennan carbon specimens for worm.

OdDbAlL

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to answer....much appreciated :)

OdDbAlL

Reaction score
No mate....I have a sherman that shoots these really pretty pink shells.....gets rid of my negative waves man :D

M

Mark Hodson

Nice.... Woof Woof Woof

Hope you've kept the sound system on the sherman too.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Oddball,you're just beautiful man. What did you do with your share of the gold? love Crapgame.

OdDbAlL

Reaction score
I bought 200 gallons of maggots, and a bag of groundbait......I am currently blanking at a lake not near you!!!! And I pimped my sherman a bit more...it now has a set of fluffy dice.....nice!

W

Wolfman Woody

This'll bring back memories fro you then Oddball.

Just scan down to the song titles and Burning Bridges is there to play.