Good Service

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
My mate Dave Colclough phoned the Shimano Service Centre (see box on right) for a spare part for his reel at 9.30am on Thursday last and received the part FOC at 7.30am the next day. This was yet another story of the great service this centre offers.

I mention it because we are often very quick to jump on bad service so it is only right we should mention one that has consistently high standards.

M

Michael Hall

Hi standards are what you get from shimano! i am also going to comment on their service. I found a problam with one of my reels and they asked for me to send it to them I did and I got it back two days later. It had also been cleaned! Very good service!

R

Rob Brownfield

I spoke to my dealer regarding a baitrunner making noises...he told me not to expect to get it fixed via the shimano service centre...and then related several bad stories.

I must admit, older reels don't seem to have the spare parts available now. I cant get a body, shaft or a rotor for an Aero 4500gt, but the reel is only 6 years old and was sold in its thousands. I can still get bits for my multipliers though...and they are 30 years old..grrrrrrr.

Any suggestions chaps.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, phone the Shimano Service Centre yourself and get the story, whatever it is, first hand.

R

Rodney Wrestt

My brother had the same experience with a part for a Daiwa reel, arrived next day free of charge along with an extra one.

Well done both companies.

R

Rob Brownfield

Graham...did that...basically any reel model older than about 4 years have very limited parts...things like bodies have long gone. U can get bail springs etc, but not much else.

I think on the whole, Shimano are good..but they have fallen into the "if it aint bust, we are still going to update it for this year" syndrome. That way, they can't cater for all the spare parts needed...and therfore only stock the newer stuff.