Lines

Carl Gibbons

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just to ask about lines? I have not used my lines for nearly two years now, they have been kept on the reels in the shed. I am wondering if they will be ok to use? Is there anything I can do to improve the chances of using them? I have been told to clean them up with warm soapy water?
Thanks a lot,
Gibbos1

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Spot on Carl. And then dry them out and apply some re-plasticiser line dressing which you can get from any good fly fishing retailers. Don't put line grease on your line. It will cause what little plasticiser to leach out.

Apply the dressing, leave it for a few hours and then wipe the excess off with a tissue.

S

Shrek

Carl,

If they've been stored on your reels for two years then chances are they'll need taking off and given a darn good stretch to take the memory coils out of them.

If they won't lose their memory then let me know and I'll put you onto a good contact who sells excellent lines at very good prices.

M

MarkTheSpark

See the travel rod post reply, Carl - basically agrees with Adrian and Ron, proving Ask The Audience is always a good option...

Carl Gibbons

Reaction score
Thanks lads,
will being doing this the weekend and see what happens, will let you know.
Thanks again,
Carl