Cakeys Story

L

Les Clark

This story as a bit of everything in it ,fishing ,girls and cars and all of great interest .
Living by the River Lea AND catching a 30 lb pike ,it`s a shame that you never had that pike back before the pub closed down .
Boilie on a spike??
Lost me on that one Cakey .
I could go on about Cakeys story but i will leave it to someone else to carry it on , i will just say one thing to Cakey ,well done mate , loved the hair .

S

Shrek

Excellent story, thanks for sharing it.

Did a double take at the last picture though as I thought it was the irrefutable Granville Marzipan at first glance!!!!!

T

The Monk

brilliant Cakey and well worth waiting for mate, some first class fish there mate and some good photogrqaphs too. Seems like a few of us were given away in the 50s, I was adopted too

B

Bully

Didnt realise you invented the "hair rig"...

By the way, where is the Jolly Fisherman?? I am sure I have drunk in a Jolly Fisherman. I seemed to remember it was not far off the A10 somewhere?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cracking read Cakey, thanks you.....and weren't you just adorable as a wee lad ;-)

L

Les Clark

" Seems like a few of us were given away in the 50`s " , not me Monk,my mother was for ever leaving me in my pram outside a shop and then scarpering off home ,but no one would take me !

R

Rodney Wrestt

Enjoyed that Cakey, Pic 18 has a bit of the Barry Gibb's about it :eek:)

"I put it back in the soup and put another boilie on the spike (who knows what I'm talking about?"

would that be the snapped hook / bayonet method of attaching the boilie?

captain carrott

Reaction score
good one mr cakey.

he was probably using the old plastic boily spike method.

alan

Reaction score
what happened to the hair?

from the pictures it was no where near long enough to need cutting.

F

Frothey

he looks kinda like the naked indian in waynes world 2....... but cakeys got a better bum!

Deanos

Reaction score
I agree with Adrian!
The last three photos are of Granville Marsdine, I for one think the regulars on this site should have there own pictures with the story, not that of Granville Marzdinn, clear off Granville and let someone else have the limelight for a change, bloody cheek!
Let him have both barrels Cakey, if he does it with me, I shall join a golfing web site and post there instead!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Lovely story mate.

And your sexy hair. There are a lot of women who would love your hair.

Why did you cut it off?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Wow cakester!!! i loved your hair!! you looked so so different .
Excellent story i really enjoyed it :)

S

Spoddy Dave

Cakey your a star mate,and so many different hair and facial hair changes.
Look like a Bee Gee in the one.
Great story.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Cakey, that was brilliant.

But sorry mate, I don't believe that hair was yours, I reckon you were wearing my blond wig???

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Look, just cos Cakey's handsome, debonair and sophisticated like what I am doesn't mean it's my picture at the end.

P

paul williams 2

Great one Cakey..........but ain't i seen you in movies? ;)