Do you have a fishing challenge

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I decided a couple of week ago i'd like to go for the Korum Specimen challenge You have toget certain weights of fish to win a badge. I know it may not be of any interest to some people to recieve a badge for catching a certain fish , but to me it's like little goals to go for. This weekend i have hopefully got 2 of the badges i have 6 more to go for.

So..do you set yourself little challenges when your fishing?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I'm on a species hunt this year, I'm trying to get as many different course and sea fish species as possible this year. Size and weight don't matter.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Oh and ;) ... a double figure pike, I would also love to catch a Zed. And maybe asking a bit much now but a 5lb chub aswell wouldn't go a miss :)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
i hope you do what you want to christian because it is such a wonderful feeling to fulfil a certain goal.After all having goals keeps us going!! :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest Wendy, every time I am on the river it is a challenge of some sort.

After more than 40 years of fishing all sorts of styles, methods, competitions and specimen chasing, I am still learning something on every trip.

I wish you luck in your quest, but understandably not on the 20th ;-)

F

Frothey

my challenge is getting hold of a day ticket for the lake i wanna fish at the weekend......

njb51

Reaction score
Competitions, Peter?

You make it sound like you have fished one or two matches in the past?

;)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Peter that day the 20th will be a challenge in itself!!! Me putting up with you bluddy lot!! ;))))

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Johnny are you in my team? if so can you email me so i have yr addy i have some info coming on Mon for my team..

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Peter

Did you get my e-mail i send you the other day?

Wendy

I'm getting more and more nervous....fishing with all those experienced anglers....I'm going to make a right fool of myself *blush arrrg*

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Claudia don't be silly hun you did great Sat!!

I know were saying it's a match but it's all a bit of banter it's a get together more than anything so don't worry yourself over it :0)

Cheers spiderman!!

goody

Reaction score
A red letter day fishing for Tench. May be able to fish all the year round but still great if it was on the 16th of June.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jonny, matches, Moi?
Nah, just the odd annual fur 'n feather in my local club ;-)
Would I lie to you lot?

Claudia, No e-mail to date, which address did you send it to?
You don't need to worry about the match though, after all us Aces are just a bunch of aging anglers out for a day on the bank.

Wendy,
I'm sure that the match on the 20th will be fished in the best 'spirit' of competitive angling ;-)

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"Nah, just the odd annual fur 'n feather in my local club ;-)"

Cheer's Peter, a wet, windy, miserable day, but you've brought a smile with that one :eek:] :eek:]

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I have a few of the mission accomplished badges from "improve your coarse fishing" magazine....i actually had my pic in there a few years ago when i got my roach badge.
I caught them using a 4 metre whip,with elderberries as hookbait and flicking in some grains of hemp as loose feed every so often.
I intend to get off my backside and complete the whole set this season (fingers crossed).
I think the badges and missions as a whole are an excellent idea for encouraging new folk to angling,especially the young.
One question wendy...when you sent off your form etc... to "tcf",did you send them a sae??? They dont mention having to send one off to them.
Other than the above challenges,this year i would like to catch my very first dead baited pike,very first catfish and my very first river barbel.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Nick i emailed the pics in to Gareth it does say in TCF that you can do besides thats the only pictures i've got of them on my PC...

I hope i get one of them..Angling Times rang me today to say they are putting one of my pics in for the wychwood predator competition :)))))And it will go in AT a week on Tues.