Loading line on DL 2500FA Baitrunners ??

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I've loaded up some line on a couple of Shimano Mini Baitrunners DL 2500FA. One has loaded fine, the other has a big build of line towards the front of spool, creating a cone affect. I have put same amount of backing on each reel, but cant get enough mainline on the reel causing me problems.

I know i could remove some backing but it not only looks terrible, but surely cant be right ...... Anyone know how to fix this ??

sam vimes

Reaction score
On some of the bigger Shimano reels you get a set of washers to alter this effect. However, on checking the box of my XT2500FAs I found there isn't any so would presume it's the same with yours.

Here are the intructions for reels that do have adjustment. That would suggest that removing washers will help, if you've got any to remove.

On checking my XTFAs there does seem to be two or three washers on the shaft above the cog. without forcing them it does appear that they would come off. Might be the same for yours.

However, before you go ripping washers off, it might be worth a phonecall to Shimano Felindre.

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I also thought maybe a washer issue, however both reels have the same amount (3). I think i'm going to try & swap spools to the "good" reel & see if that works

sam vimes

Reaction score
The alternative is that there's a little too much metal on one of your spools or the cog wheel is fixed a little too far up the shaft. I suspect the use of washers is to make up for such discrepencies in machining tolerances. However, if it's too far out washers won't be enough.

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Spooling up with other reel solves the problem. Just need to remember this in the future :rolleyes:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its ok using the other reel mate but you have a consumer rights! take the reel back to the shop and ask them to exchange it for you.

mark