Pole fishing books

Colin Mackay

Reaction score
At least four years ago a friend loaned me a couple of books on pole fishing. On was on basic stuff (Jan Porter I think) and the other rather more technical (this one I believe was by Kim Milson). I want to return them but they seem to have escaped! (Hole in the library net?) I'd like replace them or buy something similar to the Milson with advice and discussion of the latest techniques, rigs and tackle - that could advance his pole skills - not just basic coffee table angler's stuff. Any suggestions for titles and sources?

Beecy

Reaction score
Tom Pickerings book on pole fishing was excelent, it was about 15 years ago though so probably very hard to find.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Colin, try the "Illustrated Guide to Pole Fishing" by Bob Nudd. Cost ?6.99 published by Emap. ISBN 0 9533087 1 5. Still sold by WH Smiths nationwise.
Cannot think of any other pole only fishing books.

Colin Mackay

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've seen the Pickering and Nudd titles but will have a look at the contents. I guess the latest stuff is all on videos and CDs now.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Steady Merv. I am only intersted if you wear something woolly and are prepared to stand on the edge of a cliff..

I'll bring me wellies and the velcro gloves!