the korum challenge

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Those of you that read total coarse fishing magazine,will be aware of the "korum challenge".There are a total of 8 species of fish to catch,and badges are awarded depending on the size of fish landed,weighed,photographed etc...In total there are 16 badges to collect...8xspecies badges and 8xspecimen badges.
On another thread,wendy has mentioned that she would like to win all the badges and i expressed an intrest as well.I also laid down a little non competetive challenge to wendy and opened it up to other fishing magic regulers as well.
Chavender has put his name into the frame and i was wondering if anyone else would be interested???
The person who obviously gains the most or all the badges before an agreed end date will deemed the winner and the runners up will donate ?20 each to the winners chosen charity.
When there is enough people wanting to have a go,we can sort out the finer details,start date,regular updates,pics etc...
So come on then folks,who`s up for a bit of non too competetive fun and raising a bit of money for charity???

The names so far.....
Wendy
Nick (me)
Chavender

Mithrandir

Reaction score
As I do not read the magazines often, what is the fish list and weights??

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Barbel 5lb+ Barbel 8LB+
Bream 3lb 8oz + Bream 6lb+
Carp 10lb+ Carp 20lb+
Chub 3lb 8oz+ Chub 5lb+
Perch 1lb 4oz+ Perch 2lb 8oz+ :)
Pike 1lb 4oz+ Pike 16lb+ :)
Roach 1lb+ Roach 1lb 12oz+
Tench 4lb+ Tench 6lb+

the one's on the right are to get a specimen badge... I wonder which i got :)

Mithrandir

Reaction score
cheers Wendy

3 of those are on my not caught yet list so I think I will give it a miss till I have the skillset needed.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i know which are my Achilles eels.
specimen:
bream
pike
tench ?
carp ?

standard:
bream
tench ?

my club has plenty of decent waters holding fish in all the sizes but catching them too order is the real trick,i know plenty of other places with good sized fish in them and with verious fish ins and matches there should'nt be a problem except i've got to catch them

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Would really struggle with the Barbel, only water locally is the Wensum. Otherwise the rest are achievable at my local lakes 1.5 miles away. At the specimen level as well, if I had the time.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Did someone say "a barbel day or overnighter on the Trent"??

Yes please!

If I can count back 30 odd years will those fish qualify for a badge??

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
chub and barbel nighter sounds good to me chavender as well .

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I would join in for a bit of fun. It would open up a bit of diversity in my fishing.

The list is a little short though maybe we could come up with our own.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Not a bad idea bryan,perhaps we could add rudd,catfish,eel as well as fishing for what the korum challenge has stated???
This thread is here for thoughts and ideas,as well as getting a list of interested parties,so come on folks.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Grayling and Dace also.

It was just a idea as we are all wide spread with diffrent species at our disposal.

P

paul williams 2

Anything that adds a bit of an edge to your fishing is a good thing, so those who fancy it go for it!

Personally i think the roach weights are a touch high though.......i think it should be 1lb and 11/2lb.......just to give people a chance.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i've had a idea,how about a bonus wildcard type thing where if one of your applications is accepted for a gold award (you get a korum cap) you can (if you wish) then cross a extra fish of your list & if you should win the main prize cross two fish off

but if someone has collected an equal number of badges without the wildcards by the allotted date,then they would be deemed the winner.

so if two people had 11 bades each but one used a wildcard in place of a badge then the other person wins by right.

this would be a possible help (still got to catch a qualifying fish to get the gold award which won't be easy) to those who might struggle to get a particular species like say a big bream.but it would be upto the ingervidual if they want to use a wildcaed or not

i'd like too see it stick to the 16 badge fish,to keep it simple or we'd end up chasing too mant different fish and not catching enough of the badged ones which was the origanal premis.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Im up for the idea, not that I'll get many of them but it's worth a try!