Summer returns!

red creel

Reaction score
With the sun making a welcome return this week and the corresponding higher water temperatures has it altered your plans on what to target over the next few days?..Say perhaps some late season Tench or maybe try and outwit some Rudd.

Me, well with the garden sorted i now have two days fishing to look forward to the Kennet tomorrow and the Loddon on friday.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds good Andy, Although I'm a great fan of the Kennet/ Loddon too but, as I mentioned in another thread, I think the club estate lake could warm up for some late tench next week - best of luck on the rivers, conditions could make it somewhat more challenging than for the tincas though.
Jerry

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Did try yesterday on a lake for crucians but, was hoping maybe a tench or two. Ended up with nothing but, pestered by small roach. But, there is no reason why some late tench shouldn.t show I would have thought. Probably my rubbish fishing. I recorded a water temperature of 64 degfrees on the 25th. This is the highest water temperature I have ever recorded in September since 2000. The previous was 62 degrees

watatoad

Reaction score
Lets all get out there and enjoy this unusual Indian summer to make up for a less than great summer Autumn Tench are a great treat, the Bream are going to be another target worth considering.

Slugs at this time of the year can often tempt a Tench or two over a bed of spam, worms, brown bread crumb and if there are any left just a few blackberries or elderberries.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I planned to take my son on the Ribble on Saturday.

However my back went yesterday and after some heavy Physio it looks like the trips off.

Gutted!

Muffin

Reaction score
Well I planned to take my son on the Ribble on Saturday.

However my back went yesterday and after some heavy Physio it looks like the trips off.

Gutted!

I'm sorry to hear that mate, but I'm not surprised your back went if you are trying to lift a heavy physio......

Maybe you can go to a commercial **** hole? ;)