bivvy with a budget

jamie_moe

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am jamie and I am looking for a 1 man bivvy under the
£180 budget to start carp fishing, I have been looking arround but I can't
Seem to make my mind up can anybody give me any suggestions please
and if so were I mite be able to buy it?

sam vimes

Reaction score

richiekelly

Reaction score
Trakker A lite is around £100 weighs only 4kgs, A lite with overwrap a little above your budget at £200, have a look at the Danson angling site as they are doing good deals on these, my lad uses one of these as he moves around a lot and swears by it.

mol

Reaction score
You need to work out what is important to you.

Does it need to be light as you move alot or are you a stay put kind of fella? Short sessions or long? Do you winter fish? Do you want a door is or an open shelter going to be sufficent?

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you need a shelter that will do as an overnighter?.............

FOX WARRIOR OVAL 60 SYSTEM CUM122 | eBay

(I won one at starting price, so hold out till you get one for that, nice little system that is very versatile).

or do you need something for the weekend Sir?...............

Cyprinus Maxus Carp Fishing Bivvy, Shelter RRP £529.99 | eBay

Hold out until you can get one for around £120.00, seen them go as low as that. Great value at that price.

The Pirate.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Trakker has been mentioned, they are bullet proof, especially in the more expensive models, although the A-Lite is a decent 'entry' level model at around £120.00, however the overwrap will set you back another ton.

http://www.dansononline.co.uk/cgi-b...D=trakker lite&PN=Trakkerbro.html#a3454#a3454

The Pirate.

sam vimes

Reaction score

tortoise100

Reaction score
If your just starting then i would sugest just getting out there with something cheap to find out if you actually like long/night session fishing for that jrc bivvies would get you going cheap .
You can get the jrc cocoon extream for pennys as they are currently out of fashion but they are a very good bivvy .

I t might be better to go for a two man as you can take a mate (much more fun ) .

The bivvy is not anyware near the top of your priorities and is proberbly one of the least used bits of equipment for most people.

A good large brollie a barrow and a bedchaire would all come first in my book.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am not dissin' you Froggy but am not sure buying cheap to see if you like the method is the way to go.

If you wanna do summit and your heart is in it, buy within your budget what is suitable for purpose.

Simply purchasing something cheap and unsuitable is enough to put someone off, then if you do like it and want to carry on, you simply have to purchase again by upgrading.

My advice is buy what you can afford and ensure it is fit for purpose, take advantage of the sales and bargains when you can.

The Pirate.

watatoad

Reaction score
I don't use a bivvy but I do on very few occasions use a day shelter and then its a Tracker A-Lite, although I don't have the wrap for it. I go with Pirate on this one buy within your budget and buy the best you can afford, I would imagine there is little worst than a bivvy letting you down in bad weather in the middle of a great session, Get yourself out and look at a few different ones in shops and have a word and a good look at other anglers who are actually using them.