Second ever double, new P.B and finally on a lure!!!!!

greeny1321

Reaction score
14lb4ozrainfords.jpg

14lb 4oz caught this morning on a spinnerbait, look at the head on her if the water wasn't so ravaged by our black feathered friends I'm pretty sure she'd be knocking on 20lb, but 14 4 will do me for now!!!! :w:w:w:D:eek:

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
Pike are at their lowest weight at this time of year. It'll be much heavier in a few months time despite the cormorants.

greeny1321

Reaction score
Pike are at their lowest weight at this time of year. It'll be much heavier in a few months time despite the cormorants.

I am no expert on when they are at what weights mate since I only started fishing for them in january this year, what I can say for certain though is I am also fishing another water at the moment that doesn't get much attention from cormorants and the pike I am catching there are fat!

And yes Derek even without this fish my spinnerbaits are my goto lures at the start of any session these days one of my favourites got snapped clean in half a month or two ago when after catching countless jacks on it a big un whacked it and got away with it :( fortunately when I popped in the shop today there were 5 of each pattern in the range just in stock, I wonder what my next treat will be?? :wh . Your advice was spot on and appreciated mate, it seems like the hard work is starting to pay dividends :D.

If it's true you get out what you put in then I should be due a good season, I've put some hours (and miles walking) in I assure you!

craig1970

Reaction score
cracking fish greeny,had afew hours on my canal yesterday no luck on lures or spinners,there was a few other pikers there they said it was dead.weather was cracking red hot dont think they were on the feed mate.

greeny1321

Reaction score
cracking fish greeny,had afew hours on my canal yesterday no luck on lures or spinners,there was a few other pikers there they said it was dead.weather was cracking red hot dont think they were on the feed mate.

I've noticed Craig that on really hot days it can pay to fish the first or last (or both) hours of darkness, my two biggest pike have come on hot sunny days. It's been 25 degrees here today in the afternoon but I caught that fish at about 8:30am before it got too hot :) To be honest whenever its 20 degrees or more and ot a cloud in the sky the pike fishing is very slow. When it's hot and cloudy it can be better but for me by far the most productive weather is mild temperatures and blowing a gale :D

bigsean

Reaction score
Excellent looking fish mate, made up for u, and on a lure as well, bravo mate ... I'm sure ur gonna get plenty more, can't wait to get out again myself now and get into em :)