Fox p and ps

K

keith reid

I'm thinking of getting FOX P's or PS alarms. I see they seem to have come down in price recently.
Would you reccomend them ? I have used ghetto - blasters , but mine are worse for wear and they are bulky too. I don't like using " front " alarms , esp. for lives or in a wind. What d'you think?

A

Andrew Calvert

I recently posted regarding the Fox alarms, it may be worth a read before you buy. As regards lives, assuming you're using a sub-float paternoster or something similar I still prefer ghetto blasters. The rigid arm of the Ghetto blaster enables you to pay out line so the paternoster can come to the vertical and the arm will happily remain where it should. However when using the microns I've found they will continue to fall back against the sub float and are not suitable for this method unless you use a very very long lead link (8ft) and a very very short lower trace (1 ft) which is very impractical and will still only work effectively if the lake contours permit. They might be okay if you buy the light weight head but I've never tried these. I did buy a pair of extension arms for use with dinsmores powerdrives but I found they were too short to be of any use, even with a pod, but they are very good when used upside down on a buz bar placed under a pods back stem. If you don't always livebait I do like the Microns for deads due to their size, but don't expect them to wake the dead like the ghetto blasters.