catapult elastic

nicky

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy catapult elastic in decent lengths say a meter or two.
It would need to fit a typical match catapult.
Ridiculous some of the prices i have seen might as well buy a new catapult which i have done in the past but have enough handles already.

ravey

Reaction score
There's some on ebay. type in "hollow latex", there is a one metre length of 'medium' catapult elastic. Not cheap, though...

nicky

Reaction score
I dont know thats seems good to compared to what i have looked at.
£10 for 10 metres of elastic, i could probably kit out 20 catapults with that

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good quality hollow pole elastic in the specimen grades will do the job but what do you want your cat to do, when do you want the elastic to bottom out, what are you firing?

Personally you can't go wrong with Drennan Cats, which come with a replacement elastic and they also sell additional replacements.

To help increase longevity, I use small cable ties at the joins of the elastic on the cat itself and the cup, amazing how much more life you get.

The Pirate.

agamemnon

Reaction score
many years ago i brought a barnnets black widow catapult and 15 years ago decided i needed to swap the elastic for new. brought relacement blackwidow elastic swapped it over and then the first time i tested the catapult the elastic came away from the arm and at full speed entered my pupil.
buy a new catapult sod changing the elastic

nicky

Reaction score
youre having a laugh im not buying a new another new catty just cause the elastic is worn. Maybe different with a black widow but we are only talking a light match catty, i have changed the elastic on it once with the spare elastic it came with, and i also have cut it down slightly and reattached to get a bit more life out of it it isnt hard i just need some more elastic.

Pirate usually maggots, hemp or maybe 4mm pellets for fishing the waggler at short to medium range

stikflote

Reaction score
Any one ever come up with a easy way of getting the new elastic
onto the bits of the cup ,i can never get it on, i buy new catys