Simple pleasure

P

pons

Well Done Andy,and really glad you made the effort to share your experiences with us.
Writing is quite theraputic in itself,and I hope you continue to enjoy your fishing .
Thanks,
Pons.

I

Ian Cloke

Great read Andy, nice one mate :))

I wish you all the best mate, and long may you continue fishing.

William Burns

Reaction score
well done Andy, I understand 100% what manic depression does to a person as I suffer too mate with the same.I too think fishing is a haven as when life gets that little bit tougher then I grab my gear & off I toddle fishing,secluded on my own with only bait,rigs,location,features & groundbait etc on my mind then nothing else matters to me.Fishing has saved my life & as long as there is breath in my body then fishing I will go!

GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST ANDY!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Thanks for sharing your story Andy. Fishing is a therapy that cannot be beaten, not only for those such as yourself but also for relieving the everyday stresses we all experience from time to time, be it caused by work, family or some other reason.
I sincerely hope all goes well with you my friend and that you soon start catching a lot more big'uns like that tench, which by the way is a bloody good fish from a canal.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Andy, as Pons says, keep enjoying your fishing.

Perhaps when you are feeling up to it and want a bit more company,come along to one of the fish-ins?

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Andy,
I had a breakdown in 1998 and am still suffering. I had to not only give up work but golf as well. So I went back to fishing (I gave it up when I fell in love in 1991). I have a day shopping...then I have to have a quiet day by river bank. It certainly helps me to calm down and saved our marridge as if I get under feet wife just kicks me out. Enjoy yourself, catch a few and "smell the roses".

Bob.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Lovely story that Andy, keep the fishing up and you will get there in the end mate!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
An article like that brings you down to earth with a bump doesn't it? Most of us on here have more tackle than we will ever use or need and here is Andy with the cheap basics getting as much enjoyment as any of us and some very needed therapy as well, brilliant.

A man like Andy is what angling is, or should be, all about, someone who gets great satisfaction from a very basic approach, much the same as youngsters do, with no hangups about quality of tackle or size of fish, just fishing for the sheer pleasure of it.

Good on yer Andy and may your love affair with angling continue for many years to come.

Y

yoggy

Same here Andy,Well done mate.Truely honest and open.May your angling bring you peace and pleasure.

Andyw

Reaction score
Thanks for all yr kind words.

I've had a lot of advice from people on here, believe me it all helps!!

Don't get me wrong if Matt Hayes was to offer loads of TF Gear I'd rip his arm off for it!!! ;-)

But the enjoyment I get out of it will be there whatever the weather, tackle or results... Its about being there!!

Thanks again

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Agree completely with you Andy. The main reason i go fishing is when your on the bank nothing matters and as i am not overly competitive catching is not the main priority either. More the getting in touch with the natural flow of nature.

If you get what i mean.

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Smashing read Andy, keep at it mate!

S

si

great read andy again i too suffer manic deppresion and also find fishing has been a perfect way to relive the syptoms of my illness maybe theres more people than i thought use fishing to help them cope with there deppresion .maybe it should be on prescription !!

my good freind and fishing partner is aware of my problem and is a great help as he tend to spot my manic moods before i do i.e carrying all my gear and his to where ever the peg is and anybody else who cares to ask !

remember there only jelous because the voices only talk to me !!
si