Clear Patch at 110yds

C

Cheese Paste

I read the other day in one of the weeklies of someone who caught a carp where the bait was placed in a clear patch at 100 yards. How is it possible to find a clear patch at such distance?

P

Paul Williams

Boat!!....or a distinct lack of judgment with regard to distance, it could of course also be journolistic crap?

S

Steve Parsons

Any one who can cast a marker float 100yds+ can feel what the bottoms like as long as they are using braid on the marker rod.

P

Paul Williams

Yep, i agree Steve,(though some reckon braid aint as good as mono) but as one who has seen anglers judgement of 100yds i still think that some of the claims of putting the baited hook into table sized clearings are a little exaggerated at times.

N

Neil Wayte

I quite agree Brummie.I've seen some of the 100 yard plus casts these guys make.
I t does frighten them when you go in the next swim and put one out at 140 to 150 yards.That makes them go quiet.

P

Paul Williams

Damn you Neil and that Carp angler Rik fella !!!!!.....i'm off to buy a longer rod, this 6ft solid glass jobbie of mine is severly reducing my distance!! :eek:)

A

Andy Dixon

But you have to understand that if Neil is casting that far then he will automatically create a nice big clear spot with his huge lead anyway, lol.