We all love fishing

S

Stewart Bloor

We all love fishing, that's an obvious fact. But what other things occupy our time?

I must admit, fishing is really the sole occupier of my spare time, and even quite a bit of my not so spare time...

The other things I enjoy don't really encroach on my fishing time. For example, I'm a keen football fan, and even though I used to be a regular follower of Leeds, nowadays it's the radio and TV that satisfy me. And the former even accompanies me on fishing trips...

I also enjoy my music (Tamla, Soul,and so on) very much, but as I don't go to discos or concerts, I satisfy that desire by listening to CD's in my car...driving to and from fishing trips...

I do save stamps though, but it's not time consuming at all. I have a very interesting collection that has grown slowly but steadily. I only collect stamps from letters that have been sent to me. Because of the nature of my work, I've got stamps from 40 + countries.

So, all in all, it's fishing, fishing, fishing for me....what about you? Any train spotters, plane spotters or toenail collectors out there? Now's your chance to come on down and reveal all to the world...

J

John Pleasance

I'll admit to collecting Hostas.I've got about 70 different ones ,unfortunately I tend to prefer the large ones and I'm running out of room!Perhaps the lawn will have to go.

S

Steve Burke

Astronomy & reading hard science fiction, as opposed to fantasy. Where the science comes into fantasy I've no idea!

Also my wife and I have just got into collecting "antiques of the future" - especially post war china.

But like Stewart and many other anglers fishing is a passion that takes up nearly all my spare time. Plus, together with nature conservation, all my work time too.

P

Phil Hackett

Speedway. Role on April
Causing trouble locally for the political establishment ( Big Grin)

A

Alan Roe

Riding motorcycles and photography, but I also do a fair bit of charity work.Used to do a lot of rough shooting but the cost now is astronomical around here sadly

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Not much time for anything else, but I suppose I enjoy writing and photography which is part and parcel of my fishing anyway.

I take a passing interest in boxing and bowling, and when I was a lot younger I raced motor cycles at Oulton Park, various scrambling tracks and passed the trials at Belle Vue speedway (in Barry Briggs and Revit Nevitt's days!) but couldn't afford to take it any further. Had various motorbikes (about 30 in all) from age 13 to about 15 years ago, and once worked as a motorbike mechanic.

There, bet you didn't know that about old McWallet!

G

Gary Knowles

Apart from fishing amateur football and planning my fishing..........

oh, and drinking, although one or two of you probably guessed that already !

S

Stewart Bloor

Graham, that's fascinating. That's just exactly the sort of 'bet you didn't know that' type of response that I was hoping to draw out.

When I was at School all I ever wanted to do was to be a Bookmaker. In fact I was really into the world of horse racing and so on.

The only reason I didn't take up my ambition was that because, by the time I got a position offered to me as a manager of a Bookies, I was already bedded down in a well paid job in the furniture industry.

After much agonising, I stayed with the upholstery company. Otherwise, it could have been a case of Billy Knott, watch out....

Of course, there would also have been some conflict in the eventual employment I embarked upon....

C

Cheese Paste

I can't believe 2 people have mentioned Speedway. I used to follow the Milton Keynes Knights. Sadly though they closed in the early nineties.

My other interests are Football (Man U will still win the league), Rallying (only spectating unfortunately) and Snooker (highest break the other day too, a massive 22).

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Now it's a case of Billy Graham watch out!

P

Paul Kendall

Reading - anything with words in it !, I'm also into Taoism at the moment can't get enough of it.

But fishing is what takes most of the spare time, when I'm not fishing for pleasure then I'm coaching youngsters.

Oh & travelling, I'm in the travel business so get to travel all over the world and of course I take my fishing rods with me !!

N

Nicky Garbutt

mountain bikeing meeting friends when im on leave. also i love to go on the motorbike and some times my dad drags me in to helping on his kit car.

P

Paul Thompson

Rugby(watching only these days, especially england and the british lions - sorry Ron...), hill walking, reading and sleeping...

G

Gary Knowles

Cheese Pate - your a Man U man.....................you must live south of Watford then ! !

F

Fred Bonney

Cricket,Fulham FC,Rugby,rock music,foreign travel,eating out,Darts on a Monday night, which gives me the opportunity to drink loads of Greene King IPA,the perfect pint!!he he

R

Ron Clay

Nay Lad - Smith's Magnet Handpull is best pint int' country LOL

B

Barry Kneller

Reading & home engineering, I probably spend more time making, preparing & reading about fishing tackle & fishing than I ever do actually fishing.