Throop

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Going back to my "roots" tomorrow. Anyone been there recently and can give me a "river condition report"?

(My local spies just give me a load of rubbish - "25ft up and running like a train"!! - Typical of my family and so called mates!)

Mithrandir

Reaction score
The stour at wimborne is still running high and hard so I guess by the time it gets to throop it will be no better.

good luck anyway, I am sure you will magic something out of it.

mike

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Cheers Mike, I've looked at Ringwood's forum and reports and it sounds as though it's in reasonable condition.

I'll soon find out tomorrow! If it's too high I'll probably end up in the old weir pool.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
next time try and make it a weekend and I can come and join you.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Neil,

Stour at Wimborne was 0.5 metres above normal summer level yesterday but very clear - all the chalk bournes are coming in full bore. Throop - Beat 2 - will be decidedly pacy.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Throop on a weekend! Are you mad?

Last time I did that I'd never seen such a mad rush for Barbel Corner or The Wendy House etc etc. I'm sure there were many casulties!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good luck Neil, glad to see that you've seen sense at last and are going back to your roots!

I can feel a song coming on ;-)

Seriously mate, we haven't had any rain for a while and it should be dropping luverly and it's mild again, so the barbs might be hungry? Don't forget the roach ;)

Mithrandir

Reaction score
ok then Neil, I might be able to get a weekday off before april, give me some notice and I will try to book the day.

Mike

F

Fred Bonney

Look forward to hearing how it went Neil.
Due down last weekend of the season.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mike, Monday's are usually OK for me.

It's going to have to be before March 14th though!

Fred, you're brave, last weekend! Better get there early.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Plenty of room on Throop if you avoid the noted swims upstream of School Bridge.Beat 3 rarely sees a soul.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Well, that plan went out the window! A couple of things to sort out this morning meant I gave up on the idea.

But I did just sneak into the match at Gold Valley (Middle Lake) this morning and came 2nd with 38-06 (6 carp for 28lb plus 10lb roach/rudd). 56lb won it.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Neil, there are worrying signs you are in danger of slipping back to your match fishing ways.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Well, it was very much last minute, didn't leave the house until 09:00 (and the draw was 09:00 as well).

Nigel, it seems "your peg" produced 102lb on Saturday!!

That corner and the next peg weren't drawn today but the winner came from the next one along. I was 5 pegs further along.

Enjoyed it and just for a change, I fished pretty well!!

There were only about 18-20 in the match but my pools winnings of ?10 paid for the ticket and bait!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

"Nigel, it seems "your peg" produced 102lb on Saturday!!"

Just goes to show how crap I fished!