Digital Camera and a Computer

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
What would i have done to have both of these toys in my best years instead of a film camera half the time i could not be bothered to take.
All those memorable catches not there to see but alas thats progress

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I had a collection of 4,000 colour slides nicked in 1988 John.

I still feel sick about it today.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I have a collection of 4,000 cloour slides that I "obtained" in 1988 and I still feel sick to this day when I look at them and the hidious bloke holding most of the fish. ;)

Tally Ho

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

hahah
Was the hideous bloke wearing a big stupid hat ?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

That's very cruel.

John, the catches are in your memory and that's all that counts.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Yes ED do you know him?

Why would he want 4000 photos' of him with sticklebacks in jars and minnows- there's a 4 inch long barbel of about 1lb proudly held to the camera and a carp of aroung 5lb with pb on the back. There are several that appear to be of a small, and I mean very small hairy worm with a purple head, what's that all about chaps?

There's also another 400000 photos of large ladies wrestling in gravy mark " property of D" Who can that be?

Steve Handley

Reaction score
I know what you mean John, but even when I took my film camera, the pictures did'nt always come back the way I was expecting them to.

I've kept a fishing diary and a photo album since I was a nipper. Unfortunately, some of the photos taken in those early days are of poor quality, whereby the angler and/or the fish are out of focus or not in frame. The trouble was you did'nt know until you received your photos back from the developers.

Nowdays, the digital cameras are virtually idiot proof and you can view the results straight away.

Transfering pictures to your computer is simple enough and the quality of the images are superb.

Trouble is, I find that most of my photos I take with todays digital cameras are more scenic than fish shots, which probably says more of my fishing ability, than me being the next David Bailey!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

You can afford to take more scenic shots today, because they cost nowt!

E

Yes M'lud I have had the misfortune to meet him ...

He also has a tattoo on his left shoulder - it's a heart with bluebirds and the initials D W entwined with African violets ....

E

That's not gurning M'lud
--that face is caused by the strain of him clenching his buttocks as he has permanent diarrhea from the fig diet he's on .....

B

Bully

John - if you still have the negatives you can get them converted into digital. Mr Marsden probably knows more, however my bruv has done something similar. Even just prints can get scanned of course.....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, all you need is a scanner with a head that takes slides or negatives, or a dedicated film scanner.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Digital photography is all very well but what concerns me is the number of people who store all their precious images of children when they are young on their hard drive as they enhance and blow them up.
A guy I know had his lap top stolen and with it all his photos of his son from birth. He was gutted.
I have huge collection of sepia football photos of my team(Tranmere)going back to 1889. I often wonder what will be saved in a hundred years time. Individuals may keep them on CD's or on hard drives etc but will the technology be around to view them unless you constantly update the collection from one format to another?
I fear many photos of the way we live today will be lost to future generations.
As far as fishing is concerned one of the stories in my new book centres on a specimen hunter who succumbs to temptation and tries to con the world of angling by digitally enhancing an image of a barbel so it becomes a river record breaker.

E

"As far as fishing is concerned one of the stories in my new book centres on a specimen hunter who succumbs to temptation and tries to con the world of angling by digitally enhancing an image of a barbel so it becomes a river record breaker."

Not so far from the truth .......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If you get hold of a copy of this month's Coarse Angling Today you will have a pretty good idea about who digitally alters his photographs. No names but what you will read is only the tip of an iceberg that is slowly but surely rising into total visibility...