New Year Wish

C

Charlie Bettell

If you had one wish for the new year, what would that wish be?

My wish would be to break my personal best 'fly caught' pike - which I boated during the summer of 2001 - it weighed 24lb.

It does not have to be a fish related New Year Wish.

P

Peter Waller

A 35 pound plus 'river' fish, as opposed to a trout reservoir pike, would be nice. I've been within ounces but I've yet to actually crack it. Buller set 35 as the yardstick in Doomsday and it seems to be a worthwhile yardstick. As to how I catch it, I really don't mind but I would enjoy catching it on a lure. I certainly won't bust a gut trying to achieve it but it would give me a great deal of personal satisfaction.

D

Dave Lindsay

mine would be to get my pac membership through the post paid for in june -duh-

fish related its got to be a massive cat that i lost on my local attenbourgh gravel pit. I WILL GET YOU THIS SUMMER

C

Charlie Bettell

OH NO YOU WON'T!! Sorry, I could not resist that Dave - I've just been to see the Xmas Panto(!)

M

Mick Smith

My wish would be,that anglers would take their litter home.There are times when I spend nearly as much time clearing up disgarded line and rubbish,than I do fishing.A merry christmas to all anglers who care about the enviroment.(and our image)

A

Andrew Webber

To catch some roach over 2 pound when I'm actually fishing for them instead of just winding them in on a 2 3/4lb test carp rod!

To catch some double figure pike on lures!

Merry Chrsitmas everyone and thanks all the advice over te last month or so.

F

Fred Bonney

That MKAA beat off the opposition for Adams Mill and Ravenstone, so that I can carry on fishing when the're not there in midweek!
For Wendy's wish to come true.
Thanks to all who contribute to Fm may all your wishes come true.
Have a great Christmas and the best and peaceful New Year you could hope for.

S

Steve Parsons

To carry on enjoying my fishing and not to get hassle when fishing!

S

Steve Burke

To catch a 5lb perch, preferably from "Heartbreak Pit", which contains very few fish, but big ones.

Plus a mullet, any mullet, from the Medway. I failed miserably this year with the only ones I hooked coming adrift!

G

Gerry Castles

The first twenty over the back of my new boat, the first thirty over the back of anybody's boat, or a new fly pb (18.5lb to beat)Any will do.

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
My wish would be for all the different angling factions, pike, trout, match, sea or whatever to unite with a common purpose - that of kicking the sh*t out of the carp anglers :)

G

Gary Knowles

Bloody hell Eric I thought you'd gone all soft on me for a minute then.........

I should have known better though !

My wish is for a new pair of earphones for when I share a boat with Eric !

R

Rob Brownfield

It has to be catching a Scottish 20....(carp that is), and to get to grips with a local water where I know large Pike have been caught.