Anyone fancy a Thames bream?

Deanos

Reaction score
Piffle!

Thats the bloody sea life centre at Scarborough Woody Popadom!

I should know?last year when we all went on a family holiday, one of the young lasses was in that tank cleaning out the sharks that were in it, I accidentally dropped in a bag of Walkers prawn cocktail crisps, the sharks went into a feeding frenzy and ate the unfortunate young lady?I never got a replacement for that bag of crisps which I feel is bloody disgusting don?t you!

C

Chris Bishop

Get in quick before the herons do. This was on AT website weeks ago, so they may already have done their worst.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Don't suppose you know where it was filmed do you Jeff? Looks to me like that shoal of fish that are always in a different place to where you are fishing.

Its a bit like a coral reef scene isn't it, do they still have any on the Thames?

Dave boy

Reaction score
I hope they are down Ham,p Crt way tomorrow them and may be a Barbal or2 .Just a little rain to coular the water and i,m a way

W

Wolfman Woody

Chris, just keep your bigoted views to yourself if you can't read and understand English.

Graham (someone with a modicum of intelligence), As far as I know it was filmed at Penton Hook on the Thames and the reason I posted the link here is because it was filmed by a friend of mine at the EA with his new little toy, an ROV. I'm hoping he'll bring it to our place in the summer to film some chub.

I should add he's sending a full DVD so that Graham Marsden can extract some scenes out of it to illustrate future articles.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Don't think you'll have to worry about them not being at Hampton Court, it is crawling with them down there, seem to catch them even in the worse conditions. Some nice barbel about too though.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry, you're right Stuart. It's Bell Weir.

Alan did say that a lot was shot at Penton Hook. Perhaps the bream know where they are.

S

Scott Whatmore

aw Woody I thought this was going to be a 'Thames Fish-in' towards the end of the season!

Great video though!

W

Wolfman Woody

Can be - if you really want.

Remember last year though?

J

John Huntley

It would have been interesting to see what happened if a feeder crashed in amongst them

W

Wolfman Woody

It would have been interestign if they'd have thrown in about ten kilos of grub first.

Jonny, you're a jinx when you come up our way! :eek:)

You fancy same place as last year?

Gluttens for punishment..... Mind you, I might go down there this weekend. Chub!!!

njb51

Reaction score
Can do! I'll remember to travel lighter this time!

"It's only 400 yards!"

Pfft, more like 4 miles!

W

Wolfman Woody

Just for you then Jonny -

It's RED NOSE DAY on Friday March 16th so

What say we have a RED NOSE FISH-IN ON SUNDAY MARCH 11TH.

EVERYONE TO WEAR A RED NOSE - MANDATORY

(A NEW ONE NIGEL! Not the one you bought in 2001 and keep bringing out.)

I'll just check to see if the fishery is free still, it is on my calendar.

S

Scott Whatmore

Red Nose Fish-In, great idea Woody!

I'll donate ?1 to Comic Relief for every lb of fish I catch. (min ?5, just in case)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Woody, I'll have a go.

Oh and by the way! Where is it that I have to go to have a go?????????????????