Barbless trebles

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to do a bit of piking on a local water. The Club issuing the day ticket insists on fully barbless trebles, no semis or crushed barbs. Can anyone recommend some please?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
That's a strange one Phil. Most waters allow one barbed hook to hold the bait on, who is this weird club???

I'll swear I used to have some completely barbless at one time, but short of a couple that are already tied on a trace I can't find any others. I'm almost sure they were Mustad, but the lord help if you are going to find some...

What are other anglers on the water doing or is this an attempt by the club to ban pike angling by the back door?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Barbless Advantage: When you accidentally drive this hook into your knee, you can pull it out easily 99% of the time by yourself. ;)
Seriously, as Jeff stated, I've never known a water where one barbed/semi barbed to attach to your bait wasn't allowed.......... unless they mean for lure fishing:confused:
Jerry

Beaker

Reaction score
I have found some barbless trebles made by Gamakatsu, part of the Daiwa group. The only place I can find them is an American site www.redrockstore.com . look in the Quertico section ,They are $7.95 per pack. Hope this is of some help or you could ring Daiwa and ask if anyone in the UK sells them.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have never seen barbless treble hooks for sale anywhere, but what I do with my lures is pinch the barbs down with a pair of de-barbing pliers that I used for my fly fishing.
I have never heard of a club banning barbed hooks for pike, even my club, that has a barbless rule for other course fish!

mark

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback chaps. I may have another word with the club secretary and see if I can get this clarified, I found the rule on their website.

Clint, we all have aspirations mate....besides I got banned from Monkeys for literacy

clint4782

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback chaps. I may have another word with the club secretary and see if I can get this clarified, I found the rule on their website.

Clint, we all have aspirations mate....besides I got banned from Monkeys for literacy

I do hope not? Ah, just clicked.......like it! I was referring to LAC actually, nice to see you on here, seems a happy crowd! ;)

keora

Reaction score
I've bought Drennan barbless trebles in the past. They aren't show on Drennan's web site. Some might be still available in shops.

gazguildford

Reaction score
bury hill u are only aloud single hooks i think? not a single treble but a single hook not sure if that has to be barbless.
another local water only allows a single treble with no barbs i was talking to a guy while looking for a swim for a waggler session and he said its a bit strange but when u get used to it its not that bad. but im sure crushed and then filed would be fine still a bit of a pain but thank god for bait bands lol or a bait flag for *cough*livebaits*cough*
ive never seen fully barbless trebles for sale either ive always had to crush mine or get trebles with a single barb on each.

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Found some...Sovereign Superbaits website.

Clint, I've been with this lot for years mate, very civilized.