reports? heres mine

gazguildford

Reaction score
Today i set of at 6:30am to meet a friend at 7 we got to our regular parking spaces unloaded the car and risked our necks by hopping a fence and walking down the dual carriage way to get to a bridge on the river wey (what we do to get a good swim lol)
the plan was we were both gonna be on the quiver using 6lb main line to a 4lb hook length i was using a free running maggot feeder with some big juicy lobs to tempt the perch, my friend did the same. i also took a pike rod and planned to stick a dead bait out in the margins ... just incase.

ok so got set up first out was the dead bait .. bait and wait approach and wait and wait and wait other than cray fish nothing all day on that lol

first cast with the quiver the tip bent round a touch then again but nothing fierce it kept going so i struck and landed the first fish of the day a decent dace of all thing couldnt beleive it !! i ended up with a good dace and 4 decent perch i say decent coz i think 3/4lb for the wey is good going.

my friend on the other hand had a good day also he had 6-7 perch in all running to 1 1/2 - 2 lb but he got snapped up on a lovely perch must have been coming close to 4lb but he didnt set his drag and was kicking himself .

the order of the day seemed to be keep casting every 5-10 mins and the fish would come in short spells 2 or 3 in a row then not a snif for another hour then the action was on again.

anyway i had a good day did anyone else get out?

bigsean

Reaction score
7.30 am armed with lure set up on local canal ... 12.30pm driving home after a blank .... nothing at all, even the local pole anglers never had any bites ... in fact if i hadnt caught a jack and had follows from 2 others there last week, i'd swear there wasnt a single fish in there lol
oh well theres always next time!

gazguildford

Reaction score
Heard anything of the Wey navigation catches?

i over heard someone ask the in the tackle shop and the reply was "ive heard nothing hardly anyone fishes the river anymore its too hard for them"
the only people i really see fish are very mobile and 95% are chucking lures me included!

i can tell you the perch fishing was slow but furious in 5-15 min spells throughout the day. ive seen but not caught some nice chub patrolling under foot bridges.
pike were hitting the lures consistantly in the summer months ranging from about 12 oz to 5lb.
roach are there in good numbers but nothing over 8oz from what ive seen caught or heard about.
small fish topping everywhere
and cray fish are there in huge numbers taking any bait slung on the bottom even dragging popped up worm and deads lol

oh and to add to my dissapointment the baliff was round yesterday and because we were in accsseable didnt check for licence just said "ur lucky i cant get to you" ive been dying to show my rod licence to make it worth the money i spent on it lol
he caught out a lure angler and soon chucked him of the water ... thumbs up from me.