Christian's new pike PB

W

Wolfman Woody

Nice one Christian. Tell the full story, when, where, what on and all.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Hi Woody, hope your keeping well. Caught it on the GU canal on Sunday.
First of all Dad had a run first cast, I told him to strike and he missed it.
Me an dad where fishing with mackeral as we couldn't catch lives due to our lack of skill.
Then as if god was watching I found a dying roach in the margins. So it went on the hooks and I went for a little walk and spotted the fish in the margins.
It had a little stiff first then swolled it. Put up quite a fight compared to the other ones I've had.
When we were lifting it out in the net dad reckoned 15 and I said 12.8, almost got it.

p a c man(B A S)

Reaction score
Feels like a giant sea monster...compared to a jack? (thats the mighty scrap they give ya)
well done C.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done on your PB Christian, a great looking Pike there.....I bet you were chuffed to bits.
Watch this space guys and gals, not long before this young man pulls out a huge monster

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Hi guys, cheers for the comments. Will let you know if I get another one on Saturday!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know I went out today and caught one at 11lbs 10oz.
I've taken a picture but its not great as it was chucking it down with rain and I didnt want to ruin my camera.
Wendy, I'm going to catch one as big as yours one day lol

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm tracking your progress young man!

Dads got some competition!

Well done Christian, lovely fish mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
ThanksSteve, was almost a year ago now. About time I got a bigger one/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

I've found a large lake with some big girls in although your not allowed boats or to fish much of the lake. Has a nice little feeder stream stuffed full of fry though. Which jacks seem to permenently go for, my theory being keep fishing it coming up to spawning time and the big girlss will move in after the smaller ones. I know large fish have been caught here before although time will tell if I can get one /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Can you get near it and put a drifter through?

If you possition yourself right you might be able to drift one right into the mouth of a big old girl!

Good luck mate, it's geting near that time of the year /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
It has a swim where you could 'drift' a bait into a nice bay where I reckon there could be a few biggies. The idea sounds pretty obvious but how does it work? Do you just fish you bait high in the water and fish into the wind?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get the wind behind you, dunno what depth your looking at?

If it's 6 feet deep set it at 3-4 foot and let it glide into the zone, you will be amazed where you can get it to go if the conditions are right.

Good luck mate.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cheers Steve, Its a shallow lake despite its large size, not much more then 3 feet most of time in the area I'm thinking of. When the conditions are rigt I'll definatly give this ago.