Lightweight chair

D

david bruce 1

Has anyone found a replacment for the Nash Nomad?
Having read the reviews I decided to buy one before Xmas but they seem to have gone out of production and I couldn't find one anywhere.
I messaged Nash two weeks ago to see if they had an alternative but they have not bothered to reply - charming!
I need a lightweight sturdy chair (I am no lightweight)with mud feet and a carrying sling. One that I can carry easily from swim to swim as I wander around. Any suggestions?

Paul B

Reaction score
I have the JRC roamer here it's light(3.2kg) and comfy but missing the strap and velcro bits off the nomad. Rated to 17.9 stones. Probably a bit higher than the nomad too. Recommended.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
How heavy or should I say light, is that one Eddie? I have a Nash Nomad but my back won't let me sit so low for long now and was thinking of swapping to something equally as light.

E

EC

Not sure of the actual weight Graham, I have just looked on the wychwood site and it doesnt state it there either, I think the weeklies or IYCF have done a review and weighed them all though.

I picked one up in my local shop 2 years ago, it looked and felt solid enough but i was impressed how really light it was, 2 years later and still no bother!

S

Sean Meeghan

I've got a JRC Roamer which I bought after my Fox Stalker died the death. Not a bad chair at all: very light, comfortable, easy to carry. The only slight moan I have is that the front legs could be a bit longer. Be careful with the Wychwood if you fish rivers with steep banks. Its got very short legs and quite a long seat. I sold mine after a few sessions and bought a JRC Relaxer Recliner. Its relatively light and has nice long legs.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
I have the JRC relaxer recliner like Sean and its the best chair i have ever had,i reviewed it for both FM and the Angling Star,well worth it

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

I?ve just bought a Fishrite Xtreme Lite chair 6 ? lbs. The weights great but I have one grip though - the legs at the front are a bit short. But for a man of my talents, it didn?t take me very long to customise it to my requirements. It now weighs even less at 6 ?!

So if you?re reading Fishrite, make the front legs longer, so that they will coup a lot better with the slop of a riverbank!

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Phils customising meant his great bulk and fat arse breaking the back legs off and making it lighter

Paul C

Reaction score
Graham

I am fairly sure the Wychwood superlight is about 5.5 lb.

Had one over 2 years and fantastic for those longer walks.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Cheers Paul. One of the problems of buying a chair off the net is that a lot of the Ads will state 'light', 'very light' or 'extremely light' and when you do find out the true weight it can be anything up to 14lb. They should be graded, "light/under 6lbs" "medium/up to 12lbs" and "heavy/over 12lbs" or alternatively their actual weight stated which would be even better than a vague and sometimes misleading description.

mark grimshaw

Reaction score
JRC stealth relaxa recliner.... not too heavy, very comfortable and worth every penny.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Watch it Mr Leger I'm less than 12 st!

fred hall

Reaction score
mine is labelled Terry Hearn roamer but I believe it is the JRC model, whatever it is good (another not so lightweight)

E

EC

harris sportsmail have the wychwood superlight for 27quid odd now Graham!

Clare Byrne

Reaction score
Chub do a lo-lite and hi-lite chair, both very comfortable. The hi-lite has longer legs and weighs 8.5lb costs ?39.99 and the lo-lite weighs 7.5lb and costs ?34.99.
Both have velcro tabs to keep it closed whilst carrying and all legs are adjustable for river bank fishing. I personally have the lo-lite and loving it!:)

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Freds correct about the JRC chair as it weighs around ten pounds.
Clare
Are you sure they still make the Chub Hi Lite as i was told they had finished

D

david bruce 1

Thanks everyone. I have narrowed it down to two' and gone off the Nomad, whch incidentally does seem to be available at some locations. I'll given them both a try at the shop and see which suits me best. Cheers