Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

C

Chris Bishop

Just wondering if the onset of freezing weather's killed it stone dead everywhere else.

C

Chris Bishop

Are they catching down Peter's way..? One of the paper's said they didn't have a single fish off the Yare last weekend.

N

Nicky Garbutt

im not getting any thing up here even on heavy rubber jigs.

D

David Tovey

Dead in Lincoln too.
The only bite this week was suspected frost bite on my nose.

Happy new year all.

R

Rodger Walker

chris
down on the royal military its fishing quite good... 4 on lures last week for 3 hrs.. not bad.....to 10LB

P

Peter Waller

The wind, more than anything, I think, has totally fouled things up. Since last Friday it has been totally piss-poor up my way. But today looks/feels really promising!! 11.00 onwards I shall be thrashing the water to a pulp, with the prop of my trolling engine!

N

Nick Curtis

Its been very quiet down here on the Cam apart from a greedy 4lb chub taking a dead 5 inch roach.they say the temps going to start picking up from new years day so needless to say wwhat i'll be up to next year

T

Tony O'dell

Not too bad down Milton Keynes way, but definately harder. I was getting takes, but the pike wern't taking the bait very confidently...hence 5 takes, only two fish...compared to two weeks before, 8 takes..8 fish...

J

john conway

It’s not the long cold spells that kill it off in the River Lune but flash floods carrying crap down or sudden drops in temp. While we’re on about cold spells can anyone tell me where to get a good thermometer for taking water temp readings, not one of these tiny little things that need an arc light and a magnifying glass to read? I’ve not had any luck over the last couple of weeks and I’m now getting desperate, it’s looks like I’ll have to nick one from work?

P

Peter Waller

Chris, since you asked, a certain well known angler, who wishes to remain nameless, & his mate, that we met at Bainton, both caught twenties off a Broadland River on Friday, despite, as he said, the water looking like Lomond in a million mile an hour wind. Today had 8 fish, 4 at about 11.00 then another 4 at about 4.00, nothing in between. The nameless gent wished to be remembered to you! Take Care & Tight Lines.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John, Leslies of Luton sell thermometers, a conventional glass tube one at ?13.99 and a digital job that gives air and water temp at ?19.99.

Leslies phone number is 01582 453542
email: sales@leslies-luton.co.uk.
Website: <a href=http://www.leslies-luton.co.uk/>www.leslies-luton.co.uk/</A>.

Please mention FM if you order anything.

C

Chris Bishop

Peter, you've got me tearing my hair out trying to work out who it is...

Big guy with leaky waders..?

I had three lure fishing yesterday, so they must have been suicidal. I had 'em twitching shads along the bottom, like I read somewhere.

The drain was so clear I saw two of them come in behind the lure and nail it, so that made up for the last two or three days which have been cold, miserable and fishless.

P

Peter Waller

Said fellow & I went fishing yesterday, and both blanked! Lures, lives & deads. No, the very known angler didn't have leaky waders. Saturday loads of boats out, Sunday hardly any so presumably everybody body but us knew it would be a poor day.

C

Chris Bishop

I was thinking of Little Trev, for some reason. The banks have been all-but deserted up here, there were hardly any pikers on the drains yesterday.

J

john conway

Graham I've been on Leslies of Luton site but couldn't find the digital one to put in the shopping basket?
So I've asked them to email me to let me know if it's available and what the price would be with package and postage?
Thanks Graham and I mentioned Fishingmagic.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John, I phoned yesterday. They have them in stock and I ordered two, one for me and one for my mate. They said I should receive them Friday. ?19.99 each. See, I don't get everything given to me!

C

Chris Bishop

Nearly everywhere's frozen up here. Today's paper even had a bit on Fen skating.

G

Gerry Castles

Don't suppose the staff at the Iceland store in Kings Lynn were too happy about that.