What do you want from 2002?

P

Peter Morton

What if any are your new years resolutions/wishes for 2002?
For my part I will be trying to better my PB for Roach which stands at 1lb 15ozs,and has done since Nov 1997.
Peter.

P

Paul Williams

Good luck with your roach Peter......for me the jewel would be a 30lb pike from the Severn or Wye.

P

Paul Thompson

Best of luck to you both. Me, well I intend to break my barbel PB of 9lb odd, and catch that magical Ten. Oh and win the lottery of course..

W

Wendy Perry

Mine is to catch a barbel and maybe a pike don't care what size as long as i can catch one .....

W

Wendy Perry

AND to say hi to Matty :) (you should've know that was coming )

S

Stewart Bloor

Number 1 target is a double figure bream. I have had several 9's during 2001, but next year I'm confident of reaching my target.

R

Richard Drayson

All I want is to have an operation on my back so that I'll be able to do some more fishing.
Saw a consultant privately last Aug (cost ?140) who asked my GP to refer me to another consultant for an MRI scan prior to having my spine fused.
Still waiting for my appointment to come through to see the local consultant :-(
Ah Well, maybe 2003???

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Peter, I hope you get your roach. Having upped mine to 2lb 11oz this year I can assure you that you will be on cloud nine when that 'two' slips over the net.

If I can get as many pb's in 2002 as this year I shall be looking forward to another great year. To be honest, I would be happy catching anything, but I do have my eye on a 3lb perch.

A

andrew jackson

I know this sounds cheesy, but I canot help that because it is the truth. I just hope that I can get out and fish. I dont know if it is my age or what, but catching isnt quite as important as it used to be. I get a great deal more satisfaction, helping others catch. As such, I hope I can help my mate catch his first 20 this year. I am also supplying another freind with bait this year, and I sincerley hope he has is best year ever, using it. That is partly selfish though, because I wouldnt like to think I have let him down. Although if my initial trials of the bait are anything to go on, I dont think I need to worry.

S

Stewart Bloor

Pete, it won't be through lack of trying....

I'm already working out blocks of days in my diary for the spring...

S

Shrek

I've just picked up some second hand carp gear, so I am hoping to catch at least 20 in the new year.

Also, to get back into productive fishing aand start filling up my keepnet, but the carp is the main thing I think.

P

Paul Kendall

2002 i hope will bring me a 2Lb Roach and I'd also like tu up my PB on Chub from 5-2 (may have to take a trip to Ringwood).

Off to S.Africa again in Feb so I'm hoping for a beach caught white tip reef shark and a 10Lb fly caught Tiger.

Mexico later in the year where I'm hoping for a Marlin - never caught one so that'll be a first.

Don't want much really do I ?

C

Chris Bishop

I want a 30lb pike.

Mind you I haven't even managed a 20 this year.

D

disco dan

Just anything that swims would be nice
although a 25lb carp is a start followed
by a 2lb roach o and a double figure
bream to top things off.WE can all dream cant we.

S

Stuart Johnson

To get out more in 2002 than I did in 2001,enjoy myself as much as I did in 2001, appriciate what I catch and continue to dream of the fish I have yet to catch.

C

Craig Smith

After a year with no PB's :( All I want is a 4lb Chub (anything better would be a bonus) and a Barbel caught from running water ( Only ever caught the illegal alien ones in still water!) But the most important is to get one over me old man on the first trip of the new year!!

J

John McLaren

My main wish is for no more F&M and no extended flooding as we had last winter. My mate is 50 so we are planning a celebratory trip down south to the Royalty. I know its not supposed to be as good as it was but i'm really looking forward to it - a few fish wouldn't go amiss either!

T

Terry Mann

Most of my resolutions,hopes and wishes for the coming year don,t involve fishing at all they are more about peace and health.
The couple of wishes I have for fishing are:
1. To catch a zander hopefully from my local Warks Avon(by the way thanks for the info Chris BISHOP)

2. To catch a barbel from the Hampshire Avon,which to me appears to be the hardest barbel river in the country. Severn,Teme,Wye,Lugg,Warks Avon even the little River Arrow thats flows near my home,all have provided me with barbel no problem,but on the hallowed waters of the Hampshire Avon not a touch for three years.
Maybe this year .