Carrot rods?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Heard a News item this morning that a boffin in the North East has developed a new eco friendly material by combining carrot rind with resin to produce a material he claims to be stronger, lighter and more ecologically acceptable than kelva or carbon fibre.
Apparently, he has made some fly rods from this new material, and claims it will revolutionise fishing.
Brilliant. I can't wait. Imagine shipping your ?1000 pole backwards through long grass or a bush only to find a rabbit had chewed the end off while you rebaited!

P

paul williams 2

Wots carrot "rind" i know what bacon rind is but.......

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Probably the substance carotene which has some remarkable properties.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I heard this on radio2 this morning. Two scientists (one called Hepworth) reckon they'll produce fly rods next month then snow boards and god knows what.

Called it "Carron" or "Caron" fibre. Googled it but failed miserably!

captain carrott

Reaction score
oi get off leave me alone, i go an see me dad for his birthday an you lot start goin on about how to make rods out of me.

P

paul williams 2

Neil.....i reckon they will be out with the dates and it will just edge into April.....till midday on the first day of April in fact!

captain carrott

Reaction score
he weren't too struck on the dim sum i took him out for last night, but you live and learn.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Do you think they will grade the differnt types of rod, ie 9 carrot, 18 carrot and so on?
Sorry to rabbit on....

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You wouldn't need an isotope on the end for night fishing.