Radio Lancashire

W

Wendy Perry

Hello and a merry xmas to you all... just wanted to know if any of you listen to the fishing programme on radio lancashire with Martin James because i have been invited on his show to record a fishing talk with him i go this Saturday but it will be broadcast in 2 weeks (i'll let you know when )i listened to the show today and it's quiet good..... i shall be plugging FishingMagic of course and telling him all about you lot LOL and how you have all helped me out and that if anyone needs any info to log on here and were always at hand if you listen to show let me know :)

S

Stewart Bloor

Well done Wendy. I'm sure you'll be a star on the airwaves as indeed you already are on the little screen...computer that is, not the TV....

W

Wendy Perry

stewart i'm waiting for Matt to call me LOL :) i'll look after him on the bank ;)

A

Alan Fawcett

Oh god no

Wendy's turning into the female version of Alan Roe (he's always on radio lancs)

Good luck to you Wendy (ps can i have an autograph :) )

W

Wendy Perry

Well thought i'd let you all know it was great being with Martin James this morning he is a lovely man and very easy to talk to i was a little nervous at first but he soon calmed me down.
the 1st show will be broadcast on the Thurs 17th Jan and Sun 20th Jan we recorded two so i will let you know when the next one is i gave FishingMagic a plug and talked about Graham and how i'd learnt alot from you lot :) very enjoyable morning :)

J

john conway

Again well done Wendy - What time are the programmes on?

T

Tony O'dell

Thats a quite impressive rise to fame Wendy, i wouldnt be suprised if you dont receive on invite to appear in a fishing video in the near future. Havent seen Matt Hayes on the bank for some time, but he does frequent parts of the Ouse i fish, so if i see him filming a fishing video in the near future, i will mention your name. Last time i say him he was blanking at Ravenstone Mill, so perhaps you can give him some tips!!!!

A

Alan Roe

I spoke to Martin this afternoon and he said that you did well.
Doubtless we shall be hearing more from you in the future.
Cheers
Alan

W

Wendy Perry

Thanks Alan i loved it :)

Thurs i think it's 7.30pm and Sun 5.30 but i will confirm it tho John

Tony please don't tell me you fish near Matt i will be on the next train down there lol.... anyway Matt wouldn't want to be associated with me he fishes with good anglers not newbies :)

T

Tony O'dell

Last time i saw Matt he was filming a video at Ravenstone Mill, and not doing very well!!!. It happens to us all Wendy, never underestimate your own abilities though, it took me two years to catch my first fish, and you have already caught a double figure carp!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Wendy, at this rate you may be in for honours from Her Majesty in the New Year's list...

I can see it now...Dame Wendy Perry...and as a Dame you could do panto next Christmas...oh, yes you could...

W

Wendy Perry

hehehhehehe don't be silly i've more chance of becoming the next vicar of dibbley :)

A

Alan Roe

You want to be a bit careful with the church quips ;-)
Sedge does it for a living and it's a little known fact that I can preach a pretty fair sermon when called upon. That ordination could happen.......!

N

Nick Smith

its ok as i am a church lover and regular visiter to my local parish.

S

Stewart Bloor

Alan, I've heard that you only have one sermon in your armoury....it's the story of the five loaves and TWO SMALL FISHES....I've heard it's based on experience....

A

Alan Roe

LOL! Like it!!
Oi ! Sedge should you not be doing your fishers of men bit this morning?? its Sunday your one working day of the week....and as for my fishing.....See Mathew Ch7 v1-2.....! :)

Anyway I need the five loaves in case Rick calls in for toast......

S

Stewart Bloor

Alan, I'm snowed in. Sedgley is quite high up, and when we set off this morning my car was sliding all over the place, so we had to come back. Anyway, what's your excuse.....

Talking of the Bible, it says that when God created the heavens and the earth, the rivers were teeming with fish...only problem is, I haven't quite worked out which river it's referring to.....

A

Alan Roe

My excuse is.... I'm working today I am a CPN on a crisis team which means that the hours I work are all unsocial i.e. evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This accounts for why I have problems turning up to fish-ins and other events unless I have plenty of notice, as these events tend to take place at weekends.
Mind you its not all bad as when I do get to go fishing it's during the week and I have the banks pretty much to myself!

The rivers you speak of sadly they predated the minor incident with the apple!!since then man has really messed things up!!

C

Carp Angler

Anyway I need the five loaves in case Rick calls in for toast......

Which reminds me that I need to test your new stove.....
I'm thinking of having a bash for those easy Ribble chub before the seasons out, so you can supply me with food all day.