campsites

petehodgy

Reaction score
hi hope to fish the royalty hamp avon next aug and a few other places anyone recomend a good campsite i could use as a good base for a weeks fishing with or without fishing local to the hamp avon thanks

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Check out Sandy Balls just outside Fordingbridge. It's actually situated alongside the H. Avon and can provide fishing access for their guests. It's just north of Fordingbridge and on a good trip about 20 - 30 mins from the Royalty. However in Aug..................?

Rog

PS That's the Royalty on my avatar.

petehodgy

Reaction score
Why the question mark after aug will we find it hard to get a peg or will the fishing be hard ? Any info will be welcome as we are traveling for manchester down and its a long trip

no-one in particular

Reaction score
There are several good places to fish between Ringwood and Bournemouth. Cheaper for day tickets as well. Plenty of fishing around Ringwood. Day tickets in Ringwood. I am not an expert as I have not been down that way for a long time but, worth checking out. I believe there used to be a campsite outside of Ringwood, but cannot quite remember for sure. There is a place called Bisterne Fishery between Ringwood and Bournemouth. This was a country estate and they used to allow tents. Lovely fishery and not far from the Royalty.The problem was it was closed some months of the year but, might be worth checking out on google or something. There was also a pub I think it was called the Queens Head further down from Bisterne. They had some day ticket stretches but, I cannot remember if they allowed camping. Again might be worth checking out if you can locate the pub. Give them a ring maybe. Then there was Winkton fishery further down but, dont know much about that.
This infromation is probably a bit out of date now but, did used to go that way a lot.