come on girls

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
lol don't say that, the boys will get worried..they can't cope with the few they have on here ;-), never mind even more

GIRLPOWER! ;-)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Hey steady on. I'm not a sexist and my name isn't Sid!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Great to see a few more of the fairer sex out fishing. Just what we need to give the sport some wider appeal and get more people out there enjoying a few hours on the banks.

So then Angela, tell us a bit more about your fishing exploits and some of your best catches please.

Mike

ANGELA NICHOLSON

Reaction score
recently caught 38 pound carp but my hubby forgot the camera and i had to take photos on my mobile phone so when i can get them onto the pc you will be able to see them oh and by the way lol girl power rules

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Nice one, well done!! How long have you been fishing? I only started last year but already totally hooked on it.

I even dared to book a fishing trip to france in May, to see if I can get a bigun.

Yep guys.....we are slowly taking over muhahahaha

Mithrandir

Reaction score
So Angela, where did you catch it, what baits and rigs were you using?

Does hubby sulk when you outfish him??

ANGELA NICHOLSON

Reaction score
he sulked big style after his personal best was sixteen. i went to see our boat in the marina at notts and suddenly these carp were swirling on top around the boat. a quick dash home for the carping gear and my cheese sandwich and i was playing a fish of a lifetime. it fell for floating cheesy bread and all this while my hubby sat there sick fixing our engine. my dad has got some good pictures of the carp on his phone but as yet we have not been able to transfer them any suggestions would be grateful

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Girls I reckon fishing power rules, I can't understand why there are not more ladies in this sport, as it is a brain game not muscle game.

ANGELA NICHOLSON

Reaction score
thanks jeff much appreciated and claudia keep at it the big ones are out there. seems scary when you hook them but worth it in the end......

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well spoken Jeff.......mind you, in that case I better look for another hobby lol

Angela,

I can only imagine how peed off you hubby must have been lol....it only proves again, simple is effective.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Angela

I fish a local canal often in the summer/autum but not had a carp out of there yet but I know they are in there, hiding underneath the barges....this summer I will make it my mission to get one out of there.

P.S forgot to welcome you to FM...but be aware, you find some bizzar creatures on here. They are a great bunch really, a little mad at times but superb anglers and very friendly and helpful

ANGELA NICHOLSON

Reaction score
this is hubby now speaking i must have spent hundreds on bait for these carp all year and then she comes along with a 50 pence loaf from morrisons and cathes the biggy how peed off do you actualy think i was

ANGELA NICHOLSON

Reaction score
claudia
if you fish a regular spot in the summer try floating bread or dog biscuits without a hook and you should see the carp taking them free off the surface once this happens introduce the hook......and hey presto heart pounding action

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Haha I can't use the lingo on here, too rude but yes VERY peed off I can imagine lol....as I said, simplicity can do the trick ;-)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Freelining?!.....yes heard/read that before, only ever tried that once in my local river, was after a nice trout....very clever one too....many tried to catch him and failed...including me lol

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
yes it is Angela...was I said, I haven't been fishing for long and this one was my PB bream at the time

P

paul williams 2

Hubby........it's the pheramones you know.

Have you tried wrapping your bait up in her......erm smalls?