TopUp TV Kills Discovery Real Time

chris wallace

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just switched on the idiot box this morning to get my fix of Matt Hayes et al on Discovery Real Time only to find I can't get anything. The program info is listed, but no channel!!

Anyway, I called their customer service and the guy on the end of the line said that most of the calls are from people complaining that they can't get their fishing programs on a Saturday and Sunday morning. They switched off the Discovery Real Time broadcast a couple of days ago to switch over to the 'improved' TopUp TV Anytime service.

When will these idiots learn that if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!!!

Anhyway, now I'm left wioth a choice of pay ?75 for a new DVR box with a 12 month contract or ?100 without the contract to get their choice of what's being broadcast!

Has anyone got the new Anytime package and is it any good? Do they broadcast any of the fishing programs?

W

Wolfman Woody

If everyone stopped paying Sky and went on the free view, the channel companies would have to give a free service in order to retain all the valuable advertising they rake in.

Come on guys, all for one ......

David Craine

Reaction score
I must admit to being a Discovery Fishing Freak, but on the other hand, when was something new and refreshing last broadcast...I even watch the Aussie because his programmes are occasionally entertaining.... but Give Me Something New, not Re-Runs of Re-Runs of bloody Re-Runs, some things are just not watchable any more.

Jimbo

Reaction score
I resisted the temptation to get Sky/Cable due to the effects of DIY/Gardening programs. You spend your free time watching them rather than actually doing them!

All the fishing progs seem to be on a Sat or Sun and this is when I'm out or trying to get out on the bank. I also find that watching lots of fishing progs tends to affect my approach as I start to over complicate methods/rigs etc.. I have a few Matt Hayes videos and a couple DVDs. Mych rather be out fishing then watching someone else catch fish.

I also think many of these programs are aimed at non anglers. Like that TV series on BBC2. I know friends who love wathching 'Wilson but are not interested in taking up Angling!!

I have Freeview btw.

Cheers.

Lee Sugden

Reaction score
whats that all about then ? my discovery real time is still on with fishing ( or is it just sat and sun that they stoped it )

we have sky