A new era approacheth

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

On March 22nd I shall reach the official age of retirement - 65 years. I am reminded of this nearly every day due to a variety of forms coming through from Government Depts, The Tax Man and Pension Funds.

I feel strange about this because it's something I have never had to face before.

And I will do a bit of work for some time in the future to supplement my income.

But from March, I will have to resign myself from doing a 6 day week, to only being available as a consultant for 2 days a week. That means I will have a hell of a lot more time on my hands.

That means I will, in theory at least, be able to do a hell of a lot more fishing.

I have purchased virtually all the tackle I need, other than bits of course. But one thing I am looking for is a decent bivvy. I want somthing that is light in weight, can be put up in seconds and will survive the most horrendous of storms. The last bivvy I have was torn asunder by a tremendous storm when I camped close to Rutland Water last year.

I don't mind spending a bit of extra money here, but I am looking for quality, lightness and the ease of being able to put it up with one hand.

Come on you carp anglers and bivvy boys, there must be something available that meets my requirements?

Blunderer

Reaction score
I have had great use from my Fox Evolution Plus. Easy to erect, very strong, versatile. You can use it in its basic form like a brolly, add a groundsheet and overwrap for full storm protection.

It goes up in about 2 minutes.

C

Cakey

didnt you ask for a gold bivvy instead of a gold watch Ron ?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Come on Cakey, you must own the best bivvy money can buy, what is it?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I thought you said you were going to buy a canal boat when you retired ...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I'm thinking of that too Ed.

But on the other hand I might decide to retire in Oz.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes Matt I have a Trakker Big Z which is very nice. But for longer stays the Trident looks very good indeed.

Expensive though, but I am sure it is well made.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
How about the Pioneer ultralight Ron?Twin skin,zip off front, Alloy poles,you can strip it right back to just the single skin and pegs for Summer on the river or Lake and put the winter skin and front on for the bigger sessions.
Aqua Best but Trakker seem to get deals if you look sround-Dont get the specimen version,go for the Aquatexx one
Its about the same size as a big Z 60 but without the spokes so more headroom
Worth a look but about ?350

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Thanks guys, I will be considering all your recommendations.