Camera Phones

pete proctor

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a new cell phone and digital camera but somebody said why not buy a decent phone that has a good camera built in. i've seen a samsung and a sony ericson with 3 megapixel cameras but i wondered if there was one that went to 4 megapixel or more,and if not, which is the best 3 megapixel one?

thanks in advance for any help.
Pete.

S

Shrek

My wife has a Sony Ericsson K750i which has a 2mp camera. Saying that, it takes excellent photo's. Also, if you have a look at Sean Meeghan's article's on barbel from Yorkshire rivers, all the pictures in there were, as I have been led to believe, also taken with this model of phone camera.

C

Cakey

Ive got the Sony Ericson K800i ,Ive only had it a week but its superb on the camera
the warping had me in fits of laughter
it has 3.2meg
its easily the best camera phone Ive had but Ive not tried any of the 3.2's all my others have only been 2.0
I think one of the advantages the K800i has is the camera is an actual Sony Cybershot fitted in the phone (so Im told)

pete proctor

Reaction score
Thankyou, very useful information that. Its the sony ericson K800i ive been looking at. there doesn't seem much doubt that the sony ericson range are the best for photography.

captain carrott

Reaction score
the sony phones W range are walkmans and K range have decent cameras in em.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've got the K750i with the 2mp camera and it seems ok.

A lot of pictures I take are on a Fuji 3mp camera I bought 4 years ago now, but it still does a great job. I wouldn't mind something better, but then I normally chop my pictures anyway for FM and not had any complaints so far of the grand master.

Providing I'm careful framing with the phone and don't need to crop too much, it will be ok.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have no experience of camera phones, but I might decide to buy one shortly.

Of course the resolution on websites doesn't have to be all that good, unless you have a big high resolution monitor like mine and you put the picture onto full screen.

Choice of cameras for anglers is enormous. The best all-round camera for most anglers is the Canon G6 which comes with a reversable monitor and remote release, so it's ideal for taking pictures of yourself.

I notice that the new G7 does not have this facility.

I have recently purchased a Nikon D80 DSLR which is certainly OTT when it comes to general angling photography. But I bought this because I want to make photography an additional hobby to my fishing and you cannot beat a DSLR for creative work or quality.

S

Stevie 12345

About 3 months ago I went and reviewed all the best camera phones on the market (at that time) and eventually decided on the Nokia N73.

Its 3.2 megapixel and ive been delighted with the quality of the pictures- its also really easy to use and has most of the features of an actual digital camera.

scrupes

Reaction score
C,C nah man... the K versions are the simply styled phone as opposed to the W which has better button setup for walkman mode, the camera's are all the same, although with the K series the lens has a slide cover but not on W versions.

I've had 3 of these phones to date, the k800i, k850i (both lost) and a w810i which i have now. the w810i has a better button setup than a K series IMHO.

Ivan

Reaction score
I have a Sony Eriksson K800i - camera seems very good but rather annoying the way the lens cover constantly slips open (there is no catch as such).

Ivan

David Barber

Reaction score
My mate Dave Carter, from FishingMagics brother website GadgetCentre, has done a group test on the latest camera phones.

Turns out the K800i wins over all taking in factors such as price, functionality, style, quality e.t.c.

Im quite happy about this as its the phone Ive got! Its free with some contracts deals.

Heres a brief exerept from the review...

"The winner then is undoubtedly Sony Ericson's K800i - it's cheap, it's got the looks, the quality camera and screen and is by far the easiest and quickest to use - ideal for taking those spontaneous shots which cameraphones are all about."

CLICK HERE to read the full group test.

Another site worth checking out for info on the latest Camera gear, reviews, articles etc is THINK CAMERA

J

john conway

I?ve just been through this exercise and within the next couple of days will be taking a contract out with O2, ?20/month which offer the Sony Ericson's K800i free with the 18 mont contract. It was the Sony Ericson's K800i I was after, O2 just happened to suit my requirements for a mobile phone.
I?ve played about with my mates Sony Ericson's K800i at work and I?m impressed hence the reason for my choice. And for those not in the know it also has a timer on the camera, about 10 secs and the warning is loud enough to hear when you are a few feet away. The phone has flat side so it?s easy to stand it on its side when using the timer.
Other feature very easy to down load the pics, and most importantly, my mate knows all the ins and out of this phone so know problems if I get in a bit of a mess.

J

john conway

I?ve just sent in my Ribble Winter Chub Fish-in report to Graham and all the shots I took of the Fish-in were taken on my mobile phone, so you can judge for yourself the quality of the pics, when the reports published. I got the phone on the Friday before the Fish-in and was taking shots the following day, and this is the first time I?ve owned a mobile phone with a built-in camera, I?m well pleased with it so far. I?d no problem downloading the pics just let my computer find the USB port and one click on the phone to transfer the pics and that was it. Haven?t bothered as yet to down load the CD that came with the phone, I use Paint Shop Pro to access, modify and print my pics.