WHICH FLASK TO BUY

William Burns

Reaction score
Guys sure you have come across the same situation where your by the bank all day thirsty and cold, pour a cuppa only to have it luke warm.I've tried tea,soup and coffee but every flask I buy seems to do the same.

CAN YOU SUDJEST ONE THATS WORTH THE MONEY AND KEEPS IT HOT?

Beecy

Reaction score
Thermos 1 litre stainless steel flask

had mine about 6 years now and it is excellent. I got another for xmas (?12 debenhams) so now when the weather man cant make his mind up I can take both hot and cold drinks

E

EC

William have a look in Home and Bargain or pound stretcher type shops, they will have stainless steel flasks for a under a tenner mate! I have on from argos, cost about 12 quid, same as Beecs (above) probably!

C

Cakey

the taste of tea from a flask is disgusting...............take a small cooker

C

Cakey

yuk yuk you lot are mad ...................they dont make a good flask except for the ones that go on your hip !

E

EC

"the taste of tea from a flask is disgusting"

KAK! You must not know how to do it properly Cakes! Although I will concede the last cup would probably be a tad too strong for a southern shandy drinkin fair weather carper who has left his teasmaid at home!

One thing William, if you can, get a flask with a handle not being perfectly round and cylindrical they do not roll (into rivers) as easily!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ideally you want a Kelly kettle.

However I have a stainless steel flask that I bought 10 years ago and it's still going strong. No reason to replace it, and I love my tea.

E

EC

I'd like a Kelly, but they look a pain to carry if you want to travel light!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Get a sit-up-and-beg bike and hang it from the handlebars.

Then you will look like Chris Yates.

W

Wolfman Woody

Get one of those Thermos cups, plastic or stainless outer, look a bit like a Tommy Tippee mug with a little hole in the lid. I've had a cup of coffee stay hot for almost an hour with them.

Y

yoggy

The flask you want is a "RAVENHEAD TRADESMAN". Absolutely brilliant. It keeps your Tea/Coffee piping hot and its bulletproof. Had mine for over ten years.

P

paul williams 2

FM's sister site Outdoors magic actually did a review on flasks a while back.....i found it very interesting,(sad eh!) and if i remember corectly a budget model performed best!

A search on there should find it.

E

EC

Kin'ell Yogs, don't think he'll be fishing in Mogadishu mate!

Come to think of it though, my argos special must be near 10yr old now!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
None of the above suggestions are suitable for a cold winters day.I can reccomend a half bottle of scotch attatched to your belt Rambo style, it wont keep you warm really but you wont really care.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
coleman sportster dual fuel...

if I have to take a flask ditto Beecy I've got a 1 litre stainless jobbie, wish they'd do a bigger one though. the way I drink tea it don't last very long!

T

trev matthews

oh my god Yoggy how did you find out your flask was bullet proof ? I have a flask thats seen some action but it aint been fired at lol. While on th subject of flasks how do you get the horrid smell/taste out of em from the last trip if you forgot to wash it?

P

paul williams 2

Bicarb of soda to get rid of stains,smells and tastes!........i never use my soup flask for tea/coffee though.