Helllooooooo!

bruce1980

Reaction score
Hello there!

I'll soon be posting my first (or second if you count this one) post but thought i'd say hello here first!

Very amateur angler here! Used to fish a bit when I was a lad but now i've dusted off the old 4m whip, only from now on, instead of being a lad, i'm taking the lad! (Yes, it does make me feel old!)

Always nice to be a role model so if you've got any tips you can pass on to me, i'll be more than happy to pass them on to the lad (as if I knew how to fish all along!) :eek:

Cheers, Bruce!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Welcome

top tip for kids - take them to a well stocked commercial - nothing puts kids of easier than sitting all day with no action - later on he can go on rivers but get him into fishing first

simple maggot will catch plenty

Welcome to FM

bruce1980

Reaction score
Welcome

top tip for kids - take them to a well stocked commercial - nothing puts kids of easier than sitting all day with no action - later on he can go on rivers but get him into fishing first

simple maggot will catch plenty

Welcome to FM

First time I took him was to a day ticket pond in Wales, he had an old rod, I had my old whip! Inbetween untangling him I was catching pretty frequent but he soon got disheartened cos he'd caught nothing! I sat him in my seat with my whip and he was pulling them out for fun! The smile soon retuned! He had a new whip before we even got back to England! :)