Red Cap

V

Vince Battams

Does anybody remember this maggott/groundbait additive? and can it still be obtained or is it available under another name now?

V

Vince Battams

not robin red, have tried google and no luck. It was a powdered additive out in the 80's and it was brilliant

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

I remember it well Vince, I took my first ever double figure bream using it as an additive in 1980.
Not seen or heard of it for 20+ years.
It had a distinct smell much like Van Den Eynde Brasem had when it first came out, which was the one I switch to because I couldn't get Red Cap anymore.

northwest

Reaction score
How about that - red cap just cap just came into my head so I googled it to here

I remember red cap for sure it was brilliant stuff

White tub with red writing if I remember correctly with a pleasant sweet smell to it. I always put a little on maggots or whatever I was using and it worked well

I'd buy it now if I could

flightliner

Reaction score
Does anybody remember this maggott/groundbait additive? and can it still be obtained or is it available under another name now?
Yes, I remember it, an interesting addative, used by trent matchmen back in the eighties, you could often find empty discarded bottles by the side of the river at high water mark after a flood.
Strange this should come up on here as I was only talking about it the other day.

kenpm

Reaction score
Red Cap aka "The Sharneyford Secret" was a popular additive in the 80s that originated in Germany I was told by someone connected to the supply of it to the trade.
Disappeared a long time ago over here as the bait farm went bust but may still exist on the continent possibly,the closest "smell" to the original is surprisingly Richworth S core pellets.

northwest

Reaction score
I may try the rishworth product then so thanks for your post fella

I cannot seem to find red cap via Google at all, I bet there's a shop somewhere with some though lol