What have you lost on the waterside?

watatoad

Reaction score
For me its usually any sense of time passing, sure I notice the sun moving but as for time nope that is the one thing I loose every time I go fishing, guess I am either concentrating too much on what I am doing or I simply and totally forget the non fishing world and all its pressures, demands and problems.

barbelboi

Reaction score
All my camo gear;)
Seriously, the most annoying one was the two foot section of my Normark Titan 13'-15'. If anyone's got a spare that they don't want...........:wh
Jerry

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Lost my spectacles at Gold Valley lakes once.

I am continually loosing (leaving behind) bank sticks - my favourite 'trick'

I left a whole rod once at a syndicated stretch of the Hampshire Avon only to go back the following week and find it still there.

I've lost a couple of top 3's and 4's in various matches in Scandinavia and France, but never lost one in England - strange that.

I lost a fixed spool reel from a small boat on one of the pools of the Royalty Fishery.

Lost a really big river Carp in the St Lawrence river in Canada, shame about that one.

But worst of all was loosing a simply huge Sea Trout from a Scottish estuary back in the mid 80's; that fish was truly monsterous!

flightliner

Reaction score
Lost a specimen landing net once on a Notts pit when packing up in the dark. I went back a week or so later and the owner said it had been handed in by a little chap from the village-- it was in his shed-- I asked for the lads address and popped round and left him a couple of pounds to spend.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I did feel a bit cross with myself, but the rod was a bit of a disappointment, heavy and soggy. Those agates were coming off before its second outing , if I'd not been so clumsy. This was in early 1975, I think, and I thought there'd be another one along soon... I was wrong.
If anyone found a Super Wizard, bagged and ready to go, at Southcote back then, I'd be interested to hear if they got on better with it than I did!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
not actually lost anything myself, but I did once see a 50inch wavelock brolly doing an impression of a coracle on a windy and flooded trent some years ago! Yes, it did make me smile at the time, but I did feel a little remorse for the guy that lost it...honest!!

mark

dezza

Reaction score
Disgorgers!

I remember buying a couple years ago that were finished in camo. They didn't last long.

At the moment I have (just counted them) 14 disgorgers in my bag, and I expect to lose the lot by January. These days I also buy disgorgers in the most fluorescent colours I can find. Daylight orange seems to be the best.

The other item of tackle is the plummet.

This year I have got through 10 plummets.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm the first one to say.... BAITING NEEDLES.!!! however, I recently discovered the solution to this constant problem. I now have two identical ones with me when I fish, because it actully turns out that I only ever left them in two different places... so if I have two with me, one of them's always to hand!