EA and Police Join Forces to Protect Rivers

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Every day more than 2,500 bags of rubbish are dumped across the towns and countryside of England, costing the taxpayer more than ?50 million a year to clean up - but the environment also pays a high price.

Actually I wouldn't be to quick to defend the E.A. and councils over the issue of rubbish being dumped in the countryside.

The councils and where they get their directive from especially are to blame for a big part of it (flytipping). And it is going to get worse.

They are the ones who have and are denying people the right to use the tips.
They are the ones who have spawned this baby, so it is up to them to sort it out.

D

DAN.

they are the ones who empty your bins once a fortnight and only allow you to fill your green bins with garden waste
and the ones who will only let you use a tip if you register your vehicle then when all is sead and done take more council tax for the pleasure.
they are the ones laffing there behinds of and counting the cash!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Good for you Dan. I am glad that somebody else can see through their little scam.
The leading article for this discussion is pure propaganda.

Deny people access to the tips, and they are doing. And you will get flytipping.
Don't let them kid you it's all our fault.

D

DAN.

people should fly tip outside the council offices and see how they react to that!

D

DAN.

its just councils bleeding the towns folk dry for the bleeding blair!

D

DAN.

an example of this......look at the price to despose of tyres...and drive round any country road and i can garantee that at some point you will pass a tyre or even worse a pile of tyres dumped !

But again its down to the indavidual not the local council its just a descrace !
this thing dont happen abroad say france !
im getting the urge to alope to some foreign speeking country more and more each week as Britain is going to the dogs as they say!

D

DAN.

set une fishie dangle in la fenchie country siddi......
alo alo helps big stile!

hahahahahahah????????

C

Cakey

still think its about time the police got involved.........................

D

DAN.

yes police should get involved but the fly tipping wont stop cos the councils wont decrease the toll for tips.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

There was a elderly widow on the radio this morning whose greenhouse got shattered during the recent gales. She phoned Norfolk Council to ask how she could dispose of the large amount of broken glass and was told that she couldn't put it in her wheely bin or take it to the local recyling yard because they only accept bottle glass. They were kind enough though to give her the phone numbers of some private companies that would collect it for a fee. Not the sort of policy to discourage fly-tipping is it.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Householders in an area where I work are only given twelve permits per year to dispose of any extra rubbish that they have at the local tips.
After that it's anybody's guess where it ends up.

David Craine

Reaction score
The thing is... Fly tip, and eventually the local Council Waste disposal service will remove the rubbish, but in the meantime the countryside is blighted by what is dumped...it is not easy to find out who dumps the rubbish, but dead easy to find out who should remove it.On a slightly different subject, the Council should look inward at their own operators, who leave private bin areas looking like a tip when they come weekly to remove the rubbish.Just because it is private property, does it give them the right to leave the area with bits of food wrapping, etc, littered around because they have provided sub standard bin bags to start with,that split when hey are moved? and their hurry to get on and finished exceeds the need to do a good job.
I have watched "Focsa" in our area... the roundsmen are given so much time to do so many houses, if they finish early, they go home early...what incentive is that to do a good.. clean acceptable job.
Sorry to go on but this is one subject that really gets on my tips.

SherlockofSheff

Reaction score
Binmen in New York were honoured by Mayor Gulliani by having a street re-named "Avenue of the Strongest."

It's not a job I would like to do, and they are always pleasant to my 4 year old daughter who likes waving to them on a Monday morning.