Hot Drinks?

S

Steve Parsons

I always used to take coffee, but have got so fed up with the taste that i now take water, teabags and milk or hot chocolate drink.

J

John Pleasance

Tea,made in the flask including milk, it stews up nicely after a while,but if I wanted to enjoy what I drink then I'd go to the pub.
The best tea from a flask is made as you say you now do which is what I do for work, but for fishing it's too much hassle for me.

N

Nicky Garbutt

lemsip when im not feeling to clever and they make you very warm. and hot chocolate drink.

N

Nick Smith

Mineral water or flask of tea, it depends on what time i drag myself out of bed.

P

Paul Kendall

Hot water in the flask and then coffee & sugar, cup a soup and oxo cubes.

S

Steve Burke

I'm with John, tea made in the flask with milk. Make it weaker than normal and it continues to brew in the flask.

I always take 2 smaller flasks rather than 1 large one as the drink then stays hotter.

R

Richard Drayson

Tea from a flask...Uughhh! It just doesn't taste like tea should. If I want to drink tea then I'll take my Kelly Kettle and have a fresh brew on the bankside.
If I take a flask, it's usually filled with coffee, and during cold weather I'll pack my hip flask as well containing either scotch or brandy, tastes great in the coffee:)

P

paul clarke

i actually recieved a new stainless steel flask for xmas ( what do you mean , santa isn't real???) and spent yesterday on the bank with 1.2 litres of thick vegetable soup and some buttered rolls . after 8 hrs , the soup was still lovely and hot.... unlike me who was absolutely freezing ( still waiting for me new suit to arrive!! )

F

Fred Bonney

I think the stainless steel flasks are better for retaining taste,but a good soup is unbeatable.
Be careful with the hip flask though,a mate of mine was breatherlised after a frostie session and was not able to drive to his fishing for a while!!

M

Mark St Jefferson

Two steaming 1litre flasks of strong black sweet coffee, plus a smaller flask of fresh brewed coffee for when I arrive on the bank. I put the milk in an old mineral water bottle in a holdall pocket with an ice pack (not needed at the moment though:)) I find flasks and milk don't seem to mix??
One of my favourite moments is to take the time out when I arrive, walking the bank with a mug of real coffee deciding where I am going to fish. Even if I do know before hand, it is still nice to sit and dwell on the peace and quiet for a moment, watching for fish sign.
Kelly Kettles though.... what a good cup of tea they make!!! unbeatable....

T

Tony O'dell

In summer, three flasks of hot water, with tea bags and milk seperate. In winter add another flask with soup in it. This is for two people i hasten to add, four flasks for one person would be a bit o.t.t !!!

P

Paul Williams

When i was a kid the best thing i ever took in a flask was Rabbit broth.....mmmmmmm, my Missus won't cook me a rabbit now!!

J

John Pleasance

A quick word of warning re stainless steel flasks, they may be unbreakable but if you dent them enough so that the outer touches the inner it will lose heat much more quickly.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Flask of hot water and tubs with coffee, sugar,oxo cubes and a small bottle with milk in.

D

disco dan

if i am doing a full day in same peg then
it has to be a coleman with a 5litre bottle of water and tubs of tea bags and milk in plastic bottles.or if short sessions a flask of hot water and tubs of tea bags and milk.little stove brillant for pot noodles
lovly.

J

John McLaren

I used to take all the requirements for making tea on the bank with boiling water in a flask. Unfortunately the water, though still hot, is some way short of boiling by the time it gets used and the tea just never tasted right. I have a Storm Kettle but I've been banned from taking it as my friends found the hilarity, generated by my efforts to light the thing, scared every fish for miles! I have found that if you make tea and add skimmed milk, rather than full cream or semi-skimmed, the flavour stays spot on all day - so that's my normal option. Wendy, years ago I used to take Oxo but you just can't get the taste out of the flask so it becomes the only thing you can take, I suspect Bovril is a bit like that!

W

Wendy Perry

yeah yr right John but i have a special flask just for my Bovril and another for my coffee

J

John Pleasance

You can't get the taste of coffee out either! Hope you don't mix them up.
Don't you find that the Bovril makes you thirsty Wendy?

P

Paul Williams

I'm sure she does John, but i hear she drinks Brandy when shes thirsty....and you know what Brandy does...........sorry, coats on!