number 30 barrel swivels

nicky

Reaction score
does anyone know of an online shop where you can buy number 30 barrel swivels for attaching your hooklink to your mainline

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

The smallest I have seen available in the tackle shops are 24s which are the equivalent of a size 10 shot.

Out of interest, is there a reason why you need such a small size Nicky?

nicky

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

nigel i think you advised me to try micro swivels for attaching hooklink to mainline ages ago in a previous thread.

I've been watching some bobb nudd videos recently and he uses them for both waggler fishing and feeder fishing, I just liked the look of them and thought it would be a good way of attaching a lighter hook link to the mainline, I sometimes use a four turn water knot for connecting similar size mono together but I'm not confidentwith that knot when attaching hitech hooklinks and i dont like using loop to loop.

maybe it's number 24 i need not 30 the link that ed provided states that no 30's are equivalent to no10 shot though.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I suspect 24s would be fine.I was tying some hooklengths for the grayling day last night and they were certainly small enough!

David Craine

Reaction score
Why use a swivel, they dont actually "swivel" at all under presure,surely a loop to loop would do just as well. I think that swivels, just like so much other manufactured "stuff" is made to catch anglers and not fish.