El Presidento

S

Stewart Bloor

I'm sure we're all aware of the situation in Argentina. They have had three Presidents in just 10 days.

No-one wants the job, due to the current climate. There is now a popular move in the nation to have Diego Maradona installed as the next leader. (It shows how desperate they are)

Which got me thinking. If the same thing happened here in the UK, who would get your vote, as an angler?

I would go for Bob Nudd. He's non-controversial, has a good image, and looks the part.

For his cabinet, I'd have Liam Fox as Minister of Health, and I'd let Gordon Browning and Ken W.B. Clarke fight it out for Chancellor of the Exchequer.

C

Chris Bishop

Graham M would have to be chancellor, if rumours circulating about his wallet are true.

S

Stewart Bloor

That's true Chris. On another thread, he's talking about his 'own' rivers the Ribble and Severn.

Some anglers perhaps dream of owwning a lake, but to buy the two rivers outright just shows how much money he really has got.

J

John Pleasance

Chris Yates
I just feel sure he would declare working to be contrary to mans natural inclinations and send us all off fishing.

C

Carp Angler

Matt Hayes could be the Minister for Short Brummies and Paul Williams could be his junior.

M

Martin Wright

Des Taylor - after all, we need someone who's diplomatic, intelligent and a model of sobriety.

P

Paul Williams

I thought Des WAS the president.......and i'm taller than Matt Hayes....and if i'm not my teeth are straighter, when i remember to put them in that is! ;o)

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Richard Lee could be head of Propoganda. Some of the fiction he prints in AT gives him all the credentials.

G

Gerry Castles

Badger would be responsible for provisioning the armed forces. That would ensure peace in the Falklands.

M

Michael Hall

Des Taylor could be charge of the party that promise a 10/10 service and quality (Badger comes to mind as well as contridictions)

Matt hayes can be the new Tony blair as he always uses his hands to talk!

Bob Nudd can be the male version of Margret Thature (the way things used to be!!)

Will Raison can represent the next generation of polititions!

Only joking they are all a great bunch.

T

Terry Ellis

How about Dave Harrell as minister for entertainment and Billy Knott running the national lottery.

S

Stewart Bloor

My vote is for anyone that keeps the pound....It just doesn't seem right does it?....A 10 lb barbel doesn't sound the same when it's a 4.69 Euro.....

Fight 'em on the beaches...and while we're there we'll do some flounder fishing....

M

Martin Wright

I don't know, with european inflation the euro might be my best chance of a double figure barbel.

Seriously though, do you think the absence of a nationally known figurehead ( I mean known by the general public) is one reason why we are poorly represented and always seem to be on the defensive?

T

Terry Mann

Tony Miles as president he,s often described as one of the Senior statesmen of angling. Bob Nudd ambassador to Poleland,Matt Hayes minister of Elf,and how about John Cadd minister in charge of weights and measures. (joking honest)

P

Peter Morton

Chris Yates could be Commissioner of Police(Barbel Division)
Big Rick,Minister of (Whatever he likes,He's bigger than me)

S

Stewart Bloor

What about Margaret Thatcher the bleak snatcher....only those with long political memories will get that one....

C

Cakey

I'll be English Ambassador based in France.
Remember a vote for me is free fishing for you in France.

A

Alan Fawcett

I'd vote for Chris Tarrant (cos everyone knows him & he's an angler)

Bob Nudd cos he's a gent (& a sir or whatever it is) would have to be deputy (well someones gotta control tarrant)

Des Taylor could be the foriegn minister cos he's real diplomatic.

John wilson would be minister for educashun & entertainment (we might get go-fishing in this area then)

Matt Hayes would be the minister in charge of tiolets (cos his attitude stinks) unless you're paying him.

Bruno Broughton would have to be the minister for the environment & all the other stuff like that.