How pathetic that Peter Hain claims that the Hunting Act

davestocker

Reaction score
Ten years after being elected, if this ranks as one of their proudest achievements, then what on earth are New Labour about?

You?d think that 700 hours of parliamentary time spent on this issue would be an embarrassment more than anything else, especially since hunts are largely unaffected by a badly drafted law.
In an article in the South Wales Echo, Hain, who is running for the deputy leadership of the Labour Party, also said that ?any policy that outlaws the organised killing of animals for sport and strengthens respect for life is a progressive policy? and claimed theat the Hunting Act ?will not be the last? animal welfare legislation that the Government will introduce.

What is game shooting, if not the organised killing of animals for sport? Which just leaves fishing??????????

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've moved this thread from 'Bait Box' to 'General' as it IS fishing politics.

D

david bruce 1

Are politicians animals? Certainly some of their behaviour is animal like and they are so slippery, shooting them would make good and popular sport. Perhaps it is in self defence that they are considering this new legislation. After all they are regularly feathering their own nests and like magpies helping themselves to others goodies so they'd be fair game unless they stop it first.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Can't stand Hain.

He's a South African Lefty who lost thousands of people in that country jobs years ago when he called for economic sanctions against apartheid.

Hey and I was also agin aparthheid, but a full belly and a job comes before idealism in my book.