method feeder fishing using the line clip

nicky

Reaction score
I watched a fishing video recently where bobb nudd was fishing the method feeder but using the line clip for accuracy.

I've never done this because of the fact the carp would snap your line.

He was using browning feeder monoline in 12lb breaking strain but with a low diameter 0.22 matched with an 8lb hooklink.

what are your opinions on this technique.
Has anyone used this browning feeder line, i know daiwa sensor is more like 0.33 in 12lb

njb51

Reaction score
What size of fish was he after?

I'd imagine, with him being a match angler, that he was after fish of up to 5lb.(???)

Also, he may have reeled in a few yards after he had cast out to the spot he wanted. He was probably also using a quiver tip and not actually letting any line out on the take, thus allowing him to get some more line on the spool before a fish ran off with it.

W

Wolfman Woody

If when you cast, instead of pointing your rod forward at the feeder, hold it back - about about the one o'clock position near where you started the cast from, maybe. Then when the feeder hits bottom, take all the slack up and you'd have maybe 20 or so turns on the spool at least.

Works well if you're fishing to the far bank of a canal, say, where the fish can't get any further away.