The Linedancer?? what do you think??

luremanmike

Reaction score
hi all, just wondering if anyone has use The Linedancer and what they thought of it/ does it work?. If you dont know what one is its a small clip that goes on you rod and is ment too impart extra action to your lures, a quick you tube search should pull up the ad.

The results in the ad look good but its one or them Dodgy American ads.

ian_l

Reaction score
I've seen this ad looks pretty impressive, but my spinningg rod already has something like that built in. I'm new to spinning and thought all spinning rods came like this.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
hi all, just wondering if anyone has use The Linedancer and what they thought of it/ does it work?. If you dont know what one is its a small clip that goes on you rod and is ment too impart extra action to your lures, a quick you tube search should pull up the ad.

The results in the ad look good but its one or them Dodgy American ads.

Mike,

It goes without saying, you pays your money, and takes your chance. To me it's another Yank gimmick, and the Yank's excell at marketing gimmick's. Put's me in mind of the Fairy story by Hans Christian Anderson, The Emperor's New Clothes. In short, I'd leave it alone and save your money, and spend it on some good quality hooks or swivels.

luremanmike

Reaction score
^^Yeah think i will give it a miss... it does look too good too be true. The obviously fake testimonials are what made me question the product in the first place. lol

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
So, the 'linedancer' is to the lure world what line-dancing is to, well proper dancing then . . . . . . . . ?

We had a large fishing store not too far from our house in Katy, Texas, that had a huge indoor pool, with a glass front, where the 'resident professinal bass angler' would give a demo' every Saturday on the hour lasting about 15 minutes.

He would show how 'effective' certain lures were (with the hooks removed) and within 5 minutes of the end of his show, the shelves would be stripped bare of whatever lures he'd been using. Truly amazing!

It is probably very true that the majority of angers lures catch far more anglers than they ever do fish.

I'm not knocking lure fishing, I did a heck of a lot of it when I lived in Norway, usually from late September until when the lakes and rivers iced over.

greeny1321

Reaction score
My mate was raving to me about this a few months back, I think its nothing but a gimmick. It can't do anything you cant do with just a rod and reel really.

luremanmike

Reaction score
So, the 'linedancer' is to the lure world what line-dancing is to, well proper dancing then . . . . . . . . ?

We had a large fishing store not too far from our house in Katy, Texas, that had a huge indoor pool, with a glass front, where the 'resident professinal bass angler' would give a demo' every Saturday on the hour lasting about 15 minutes.

He would show how 'effective' certain lures were (with the hooks removed) and within 5 minutes of the end of his show, the shelves would be stripped bare of whatever lures he'd been using. Truly amazing!

It is probably very true that the majority of angers lures catch far more anglers than they ever do fish.

I'm not knocking lure fishing, I did a heck of a lot of it when I lived in Norway, usually from late September until when the lakes and rivers iced over.

I know what you mean mate quite a few lures have caught me.... rather than fish, but the feeling when a fish takes your lure is amazing for me... even if its just a perch. Its made me put away all my other rods and stuff for the foreseeable future....

Greeny i agree it does look like it just twitches the rod tip up and down... which as you say is very easy to just do by hand. My mate works with a guy who owns one but doesnt lure fish at all, so i think im going to borrow it off him to try out. Im not expecting anything special but i'll post what i think on here.