yet another Wendy

C

Clive Evans 1

Anyone else see "Countryfile" today?

Viewers are asked for their 'countryside' videos.
Wendy, a pleasant and articulate young lady, gave us five minutes of pole-fishing for roach.
She set out clearly her reasons for taking up the sport, fresh air, cheap pursuit, the adrenaline rush catching fish etc.
Also showed a pic with a 23lb carp in her arms and a big smile, then gave us another as she was broken by something too big for a light line. "That's nature" she laughed.

A great advert for our sport and on nation-wide TV to boot.

W

Wolfman Woody

That would have been Wendy Lythgoe.

Smashing lass. Used to work at Chester Zoo and one time Ladies World Champion, 1997 or 98.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I think she's also the only lady angler to have qualified to fish the final at fish'o'mania a few years back.

She won the biggest fish catagory that year if remember right.

C

Clive Evans 1

You could be right, certainly a very young girl in this Vid.
Her enthusiasm was infectious and appealing.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Woody, I think you'll find it was Wendy Locker, not Lythgoe, that worked in Chester Zoo. She now has her own shop in Chester -Chester Tackle Locker.
Wendy Lythgoe is in her 20's, slim and blond, with a strong Warrington accent, and is so good she'd thrash the pants (steady, I know what your thinking)off most men on this forum.

W

Wolfman Woody

You are absolutely right Peter. I am a real dork.

My brain doesn't register names very well any more and those two are quite confusing. Now you mention it, Wendy Lythgoe is a very cute young blonde, yes?

All I had to do was reach up for a scrap book and Wendy Locker's name is in it. She fished a match I organised and caught all of 14ozs 8 drams. Pleased to hear she has a tackle shop now.

C

Clive Evans 1

Peter, dont think it was Wendy locker, whose picture I've just looked at.

There must be some way to get her name from the programm?

D

David Bourne

I am gutted to have missed it, I usually watch Countryfile while cooking lunch, however the BBC website does say it was Wendy Lythgoe.
Unfortunately they haven't got a video file of it on-line yet.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

It was Wendy Lythgoe who did a recent fishing diary type show for Countryfile.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I didn't say it was Wendy Locker Clive. I said Wendy Locker is the person who worked at Chester Zoo in reply to Woody's comment. Though I didnt see it I guess it was Wendy Lythgoe.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I had an old man ask me today if it was me, he can't see very well, he just listened to it bless him! hahaha

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

She is brilliant Paul. And also gives up her time for the junior anglers.